Chapter 5

BRUCE'S POV

  After Y/N told me that she wouldn't be able to make it tonight, I will admit I was a little let down. I didn't think that she'd choose to do something else over training so soon, but it could have been really important. She said it was important.

  Alfred walked up beside me and said,"Master Bruce, you should use your time wisely and try to get some sleep. Master Bruce..."

  I chuckled and looked at Alfred saying,"I do believe that you worry about me too much, old friend, but I'll be all right. I've worked longer hours from only 2 or 3 hours of sleep, Al, so this time won't be any different. How are the boys?"

  Alfred gave me a look and scrunched up his nose, saying with attitude,"Better than you, Master Bruce. I hope that you will look past your stubbornness and do as I say for once."

  Given that I didn't want to upset Alfred any longer, I agreed to get some sleep. Alfred smiled at me, then he made sure that I made it up to my bedroom.
  Eventually, I lied down then closed my eyes. With that, I received rest that I haven't received in years. Maybe Alfred did know a thing or two about using time wisely.

   Y/N'S POV

  Currently, I was talking to Shiva, while we waited for Rā's al Ghūl to show up. Apparently, he had some important business to attend to in Blüdhaven.

  Shiva laughed, and I said,"What? I didn't say something stupid, did I?"

  Shiva shook her head saying,"No, but I did miss witnessing your facial expressions whenever you're thinking about something. You make faces that I find to be quite enjoyable, Y/N. You don't notice when you make them?"

  I shook my head, but Shiva smiled, and we headed inside together. I was shocked to see that Rā's was here already.

  I said to Rā's,"When did you get here? We didn't even see you come in."

  Rā's chuckled and walked up to us saying,"Do you truly believe that I only have one way to get inside this place, Ms. L/N? I've been here for many centuries, Ms. L/N, so that has given me plenty of time to learn some new tricks every now and then."

  I nodded, before Rā's motioned with his hand for me to follow him.

  Rā's said,"I have been watching you, Ms. L/N, ever since you left The League, and I have noticed that something has changed concerning your daily activities recently. Does it have anything to do with Detective?"

  I chuckled and said,"I guess you can say Batman has something to do with it, but I do need his help, Rā's. I wanna learn from the best and Batman is the best, from what I've seen so far. He's different from any other hero out there, and it's a good different."

  Rā's nodded and smiled saying,"Do correct me if I'm wrong, but I take it that you really admire Detective. Am I wrong, Ms. L/N?"

  I blushed, not even attempting to argue with him, which let Rā's know what my answer to that question was.

  Rā's' eyes met my own, and he said to me,"I haven't seen him around in quite some time, but I'm glad that you're here, Ms. L/N. I have a very special task for you to complete."

  I nodded, and Rā's led me into a very large room. I had never been in this room before, but Rā's dropped something into my hands before I could figure out what this room was. 

  He said to me,"I need you to give this to Detective for me. He will know what it is for."

  I frowned, then Rā's asked me,"Is there something wrong, Ms. L/N?"

  I nodded and said,"Well, sort of. I thought that I was going to be able to you know fight an assassin that betrayed you or whatever's worse than that!"

  Rā's chuckled and patted my shoulder saying,"I apologize for giving you the wrong impression, Ms. L/N, but surely Detective can prepare you for anything himself."

  I sighed, and Rā's rested his hands on my shoulders saying,"Your time will come to learn much more from me, Y/N. It will come, but you must learn from Detective first."

  Rā's squeezed my shoulders and then said to me,"By giving him this, it will show him that you are willing to move forward to prove to the world that you are not to be underestimated. That you are great."

  I gave Rā's a small smile, before he nodded to me. Quickly, I made my way back to the Batcave. Batman had shown me a way to get in here, but I'm guessing that he knew I was coming because I wasn't stopped by anything on my way in.

  Batman turned around, and I handed him the device from Rā's. Batman thanked me, but he may have noticed my mood change. He may have.

  He said,"I take it that you're disappointed that Rā's didn't give you something to do?"

  I said,"Yeah, something like that. So, you knew, then?"

  Batman nodded and said,"I did, but I was trying to teach you a lesson. You may want to turn down an opportunity that you may not get another chance at for something that may seem very great, but those opportunities can be very deceiving, Y/N."

  Batman crossed his arms and said to me,"Y/N, I know that you're upset and you want to get out there, but I don't want to risk losing another partner of mine. I care about what happens to you, Y/N."

  I smiled and kissed Batman's cheek in thank you. Batman looked to the side and...was he blushing? Aww, I was gonna enjoy being his partner.

A Cold Midnight: A Bruce Wayne/Batman x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara