Joining the team

"Helga!" The voice of which called her name, she had come to know well, as the person had created many chaotic times within the small pub of which Helga Hufflepuff worked in.

She did not lift her head from her preparation of a daisy root pie, though she smiled politely as she greeted the mischievous traveler.

"Godric!" She said enthusiastically, serving the daisy root pie to a wizard reading the muggle newspaper, "What brings you here yet again?" Only then did she lift her head, to see Godric Gryffindor in a crimson cloak, smiling warmly, arms open for a hug. She smiled at the gesture, hanging up her apron before accepting it.

"I'd like to introduce you to two of my friends I had made in my travels." Godric's smile was, as usual, plastered across his face as he said so. Helga summoned an old rag to clean the table, all the while generally impressed by Godric's overall optimism on the day.

"Why would you name this pub 'Hufflepuff's sweets and delights'?" A woman walked to Godric's side, pulling down her navy hood to reveal a sparkling crown of silver upon her dark hair, "I had took a look at your menu, though I am intrigued by many of your delights, I cannot admit that there was anything there that could properly be classified as sweets." The woman's expression seemed slightly puzzled, yet strict. However, she continued her speech, "Do you not think it unwise to lie to your customers?"

"Rowena please, do try to drop the words of wisdom for a while and at least greet Helga." Godric childishly whined.

"You are Helga Hufflepuff, I presume?" The woman raised her head proudly in the air as she held out a hand for named witch to shake, "Rowena Ravenclaw."

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lady Ravenclaw." Helga shook Rowena's smooth hand with her calloused, floured one, not to Lady Ravenclaw's delight, who hesitantly replied,

"The pleasure is all mine."

Godric looked at the menu behind the counter, scanning it greedily. "Helga, do you, by any chance, still make those delicious tarts? What were they again? Cranberry?"

Helga smiled at his childishness, and replied humbly. "Why of course! I shall go grab one for you."

As she disappeared into the kitchen, Rowena gracefully sat down on a chair, tucking her robes gently underneath her before asking, "Godric, about that Salazar fellow..."

"Rowena," Godric sighed in slight annoyance, "we have talked about this before. I trust Salazar, though his cold demeanor may be intimidating, I believe he is still a vital influence to our plans."

"Godric..."

"Besides," the wizard interjected, "Helga will be able to neutralize him. She is one of the most patient, humble people I know. It would be good treatment for Salazar after all."

Rowena sighed, "I suppose you are right."

Godric smiled, grateful for the prideful witch's understanding. "Speaking of which," he continued, "where is Salazar?"

"Godric, you are forgetful." An green cloaked man had apparated into the room with a slight snap, "I was tending to the horses, as you had instructed me to."

"Ah, of course! Many apologies, dear Salazar." Godric apologized quickly, beckoning the man to join the small group.

The man, Salazar, adjusting his dragon-hide gloves, took a couple, strict, proud steps to stand at Godric's shoulder, at which point, Helga returned, bearing a plate of 2 cranberry tarts.