Chapter Five (filler chapter)

A/N: Okay, guys. Here is a little filler chapter direct from my semi-co-writer lieutenantflo, ‘cos I’m suffering a little writer’s block and can’t come up with anything to go between the previous chapter and the one I’ve written to go next. She couldn’t either, but came up with this hopefully very cool little piece to get you all set up for your Christmas bombshell of a chapter coming up next!

Anyway I don't really know what the purpose of this is. A bit of fun and further glimpse into the character I guess.

 Hope you enjoy!

 PS: You are not meant to have heard of this character. She does not have any parents JK came up with.

PPS: Obviously it is dedicated to LieutanantFlo because she wrote it.

Disclaimer: Though Sally is lieutenantflo’s, Hogwarts, Rose and Scorpius, Hogsmeade, Madame Puddifoot’s, along with the rest of the Harry Potter universe belong to the fabled Joanne Rowling.

I want to make it perfectly clear that I am never late for class. This is a completely one-off situation. But, if I’m perfectly honest with you, I’ll be late again, a hundred times if I have to. This may confuse you. “Perfect behavior, perfect marks, perfect smile”, Sally Ewart, the belle of Hogwarts, wanting to be late for lessons? What planet are you from, you may be thinking.

Anyway, so about a year ago now, I was walking to Charms, perhaps running a little later than usual, but with time to spare, when Scorpius Malfoy walked round the corner. You have to understand that Scorpius Malfoy is a god who takes pleasure in destroying us mortal females. Or at least, I can’t think of any other explanation of why he’s so bloody gorgeous.

It’s not that he teases and leaves or anything. He doesn’t have girlfriends, just dates, and from fourth year, when we all began to date, I guess, we’ve just accepted that. I guess it’s lucky the only girl he’s never shown an interest in is the only girl in the entirety of the HFRA (Hogwarts Feminine Ranks Association, meeting once a month in Madame Puddifoot’s Teashop, to discuss the crucial business of the school that the staff and those of the opposite sex cannot comprehend, all girls above fourth year welcome!) that has never shown one in return. Rose Weasley.

At least he stays single that way.

Where was I? Oh, yes. So, Apollo in disguise has just walked round the corner and is now making straight for me. Naturally, I freaked out, due to my extreme lack of any entourage. Understandable, is it not?

“Hi, Sally,” he said, in a stupidly irresistible voice.

“Hey,” I whimpered, knowing I’d failed miserably at the whole nonchalance thing.

“You got a date for the next Hogsmeade trip?” he asked casually. (HFRA meeting postponed till further notice). It was approximately on the word ‘date’ that I melted from the heat rolling off him in waves. This heat, obviously, being a less-than subtle metaphor for the fact that he is HOT. Which, on reflection, perhaps is so blatant that it is not a metaphor? Easy, girl.

I hastily made an attack plan. “No, I guess not. Humphrey is supposed to be my boyfriend, but these days…” His perfect features dropped a fraction. Then he smirked. If I weren’t already the aforementioned metaphorical puddle, I would have been melting even further. Perhaps, metaphorically speaking, I was now evaporating...?

“Well, I don’t want to intrude on an already difficult situation,” he said calmly, and strode off. Fail.

I could picture his conversation with his teacher as I wandered slightly dazed in the wrong direction. “I’m so terribly sorry, Professor. A bottle of ink smashed over all my work and though I tried all the spells we did last lesson, I couldn’t get one to work.” He would then have discreetly cracked the bottle, and after brief instruction by the teacher, and a flawless imitation, he would end up with five house points instead of a detention. I grinned.

Damn. I had no clue what I was going to say. And even the fabled Sally Ewart cannot conjure an excuse out of thin air.

We’re not all Greek deities.