Chapter 4

As I finished my breakfast with the four boys staring at me I brought my dishes to the sink. They stared at me oddly like I was a alien from another planet. "What are you doing?" Asked James curiously. "It's called manners James learn some" I retorted.

The guys glanced at each other and Sirius grinned. "I like her" he added. I rolled my eyes. "Why are bringing your dishes to a sink such a big deal for you four?" I scoffed. "The house elves get them normally" Peter whispered nervously. I scoffed once again. "I will not have anyone waiting on me during my stay here" I told them sharply while washing off my plate.

I walked out of the kitchen to my bedroom and went through my bag. I started putting things in the closet and dresser. As I finished I decided to go outside as they lived on a beach. I threw on my usual jeans and baseball t-shirt. I walked outside and started sitting at the beach watching the water.

The way the waves came in and splashed on shore so calmly like they've done it a billion times before. The way the wind pushed my long blonde hair around as though it's very existence was to do so. The smell of sea salt and fresh air. Everything seemed so natural.

Then the boy from earlier came out and sat with me. Remus, I believe his name was as James said it earlier. "Hello" he spoke. "Um hi" I coughed. The air around us was awkward. The way the boy stared at me like he knew something I didn't. It bothered me greatly. What felt about 5 minutes later which was probably only 2 seconds he spoke, "my names Remus Lupin". I looked at him oddly. "Skylar" I told him.

I knew he already knew my name. I knew he wanted to ask me about it. But I just looked back out at the waves. Just as the rest of the boys came out, I stood up. Ready to head back in, I start walking towards the back door when somebody catches my arm. I look back and see James grinning at me with a mischievous glint in his eye. A glint I knew all to well. I shivered thinking about my past.

"Well Miss Skylar, I believe we have an activity for us all to do" James spoke like he was trying to hold in his excitement. I looked towards the 4 boys crossing my arms, studying them each carefully. Sirius, also had that same glint James did, at first glance you could see them as brothers, but then you look at the closer and see that the only resemblance they really hold is that glint in their eye and the way they are always smirking.

Remus seemed like a quiet one. But while he looked innocent compared to these boys. He was still just as mischievous. He stared at me, still looking like he knew something I didn't. I squirmed a bit as it oddly bugged me.

Peter seemed like the odd ball. As he looked down at the floor glancing up once in a while. He seemed untrustworthy. As the other 3 boys were qualified to other girls as "hot", Peter seemed to be cute in the little brother type. Not the type you would want to date. I knew he wouldn't last long in this group after they were out of school.

I knew one thing for sure. This was an odd group of boys. "What would you like James" I stated. It wasn't a question I just wanted to get away from these boys. But I had a feeling that wouldn't happen. At least these boys wouldn't let it. "We're going to play quidditch if you would like to play" Sirius spoke for James. Not knowing what Qudditch was I simply told them "no thank you". "It wasn't a question Sky" James told me. I glared at him. "Don't ever call me that" I spoke through my gritted teeth. The four boys looked at each other nervously.

Remus was the one who spoke up. "You're playing". I looked at him like he was mad. Was I supposed to listen to him like I was a dog? Because I can assure him I'm not that type of person. "No I'm not" I told him defiantly. "Yes you are" he argued.

"Am not"
"Are too"
"Am not"
"Are too"
"Am not" I stomped.

The other 3 watched us back and forth. Remus glared at me. I glared right back. I knew I wasn't going to win this. It's was 4 against 1. "You're playing" Remus told me again. I huffed. "Whatever" I muttered. The boys cheered and ran to get brooms. That's when I knew.

Remus Lupin was a jerk.

___________________________
A/N as I promised longer chapters. Comment what you think so far. I'd love to see all responses, things I need to work on or things I should keep going with!