Chapter 9

Classes were going well for me. As I had caught up over summer with Mia's and Fleamont's help. Transfiguration was probably my favourite. Learning the professors name was McGonagall.

Potions was fun to it reminded me of chemistry at my old school. Herbology was probably my worst. I never could plant anything. I also enjoyed charms. We had started learning about patrononus' which I had studied over the summer and had gained an interest in. I had a few more that weren't as interesting.

The worse thing about these classes was Remus Lupin. He constantly had to sit near me and bug me. I didn't know how I made it through the day.

I went down to the black lake, as Lily had told me it was called, to do my homework as we had a ton since it was 5th year. Our OWLs being very important to determine our NEWTs.

With my luck just as I sat down and got started James and Sirius showed up. "Hey Skylar!" James shouted. I didn't glance at him, hoping he would go away if I ignored him. "Skylar!" He shouted again.

I rolled my eyes and kept working until the two boys came up to me and were panting.

"What" I snapped, finally looking up.

Sirius Black and James Potter were of course standing right in front of me.

I glanced around looking for any sign of Remus or Peter.

"We need your help" Sirius told me.

I raised an eyebrow.

"With a prank" James finished for Sirius.

"Ok" I told them.

They looked at each other, surprised that I'd help them with a prank willingly.

"What do you need me to do?"

•••

Sneaking out of the Girls dormitory was trickier than I thought. Lily was up late reading so I had to pretend I was asleep.

Finally she went to bed.

I was late.

As I walked down the stairs to the Common room I heard whispers. Rolling my eyes at the obviously loud boys.

I reached the bottom of the stairs, noticing the boys backs turned to me. I smirked.

Sneaking up behind them I jumped on James' back.

Then I heard a high pitch scream and I tried to hold in my laughter but ended up falling off of James' back and rolling on the floor laughing so hard.

Sirius and James gave me weird looks as I finally calmed down. Looking around and noticing that Sirius, James, and Peter were here but one was not.

Remus.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Where is Remus" I asked. The boys glanced at each other. "Sick" Sirius quickly told me.

I nodded. "Worried about him Skylar?" James smirked. Rolling my eyes at him.

"In his dreams" I scoffed.

With that we exited the common room and started setting up the prank.
_________________________
Sorry for not updating I have had a super busy semester but I should be updating way more in February and such.