~Chapter Three~

Third Person's POV:

At the moment Aurora was taing a closer look to her Grimoire.

It's base was solid black with intricate silver designs and sapphire gems adorning it.

In the center of those intricate designs, there was a six-leaf clover with it's stem still attached to it.

She carefully opened her book to see a picture and writings that closely resembled the spirit that she had summoned in the past.

Aurora activated her Grimoire and tried to summon the spirit once again.

It took a couple of seconds before she could see the fox infront of her.

Now that she observing the creature that she had summoned, she could tell that it's fur was tan, gray, and black.

Instead of having a normal tail, it adorned a fan instead.

"Hello, Princess." It spoke.

Aurora squealed in surprise and fell on her butt, causing the animal to laugh a little bit.

"Who-Who are you? What are you? How can you speak? What-" She started asking a bunch of questions.

"Woah! Slow down, Princess. I'm Kadena, the fanfox spirit of chain magic. You aquired my ability when you when fighting that theif. I will explain everything you need to know in the upcoming months to prepare you for the Magic Knights exam." Kadena spoke.

Aurora nodded her head slowly before allowing him to speak.

"You summoned, or as I would call it, created, me when you fulfilled the four requirements to gain me as one of your companions." Kadena explained.

"Requirements?"

"Yes. To create another companion, you must finish these requirements. First, you must witness the magic with your own eyes. Second, you must ask about the ability and be answered by the owner. Third, your hand must touch the individual's Grimoire. An last, all must be done within an hour."

"Okay, I get that part, but what are you exactly?" Aurora asked, scratching the fanfox spirit behind his ears.

"We are called Fanfox Spirits. A Fanfox Spirit is created by the type of magic one possesses. I will be able to use that magic when you want me to use it, or I could transfore into a fan and then you could wield me. When you weild me as a fan, you must not let go of me or else you won't be able to use my magic."

Aurora nodded her head.

"Well, since we got the basics down, why don't you try gaining another Fanfox Spirit?" Kadena asked, pointing down the trail with his paw.

"Okay..." Aurora complied nervously.

To be honest, Aurora didn't think it would be that easy to have someone comply to her requests.

In the end, Aurora had gained a few new companions.

"Good! You had mastered the basics of getting a Fanfox Spirit. Remember, it's going to be harder to gain more as you rise up levels. Let's try summoning them one at time. With what level your at now, you'll be able to hold up two Fanfox Spirits at a time." Kadena told me.

I nodded my head and activated my magic, flipping to a certain page and summoning that Spirit.