~Chapter Five~

Third Person's POV:

"Fighting is our duty. Show us your true abilities!" Fuegoreon continued.

"As soon as one of you yields or becomes unable to fight, the exam will be over." William stepped in. "There will be mages who can use healing magic on standby."

"So fight to your heart's content!" The Crimson Lion's captain shouted.

Aurora sighed, not liking the thought of fighting at all.

"Yuno..." She cried. "What should I do...." 

Yuno looked over at her and smiled. "You'll figure out something. I'm sure of it."

"You're no help at all..."

Aurora looked around nervously.

"Hey, you're the girl that Finral-sama was flirting with, right?" A voice spoke up, causing Aurora to turn to the source.

"Finral...sama?"

"Yes. Will you be my sparring partner?" The woman frowned. "I don't know what Finral-sama sees in you...You're just a child from the slums."

Aurora sighed to keep her composure and smiled forcibly. "Sure..."

"Great! I mean, my first target would be that dirty rat would couldn't do anything with his magic, but he got taken away. So, I was left with you."

"Uh-huh..." Aurora trailed off as she tried not to lash out, knowing that she was talking about Asta.

"First combatants, come forward!" A voice shouted.

Everyone started walking towards the outer rings of the coliseum.

The first people who were going to fight stepped forward, it was Sekke and Asta.

"Oh...boy..." The blonde sighed.

The boys shared a word before walking to their own side.

But, hearing what Sekke was saying to Asta made Aurora's anger flare.

"No holding back, all right? Let's do this, Asta! Bah-ha!" Sekke laughed, activating his Grimoire.

Sekke took a step back as an odd blue ball-shaped shield surrounded him with something like tiny volcanoes.

He looked up at the Captains and smirked.

"There's no need to hold back. Come at me! Bah-ha!" Sekke prodded.

He narrowed his eyes his as Asta complied to his request.

"Woah! Check out his Grimoire."

"What the heck? It's so tattered!"

"Can he even use magic?"

"I can't believe he's even here."

"Lowly peasant peasant from the boonies."

"No squad will want you."

Aurora clenched her fisted and strained a smile as her partner laughed along with the insults.

"Okay. Here I go." Asta stated in an indifferent tone his Grimoire floated in front of him. "Aurora! I'll show you what I've been doing these past months!"

Aurora perked up and nodded her head at the ash-blonde.

He took the hilt of his sword and brought it out before him.

Asta smirked before seemingly disappearing, which was actually him moving really fast.

"Huh...?" Sekke mutter lightly before being bashed into the ground.