Chapter 1

______________________________

COPYRIGHT ©2013 BY Miss_Hoodnificent. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO CONTENT IN THIS BOOK MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR.

______________________________

Too Much Too Soon: Chapter 1

~Kira P.O.V~

I looked just barely past the top of the register to see a group of guys ,who looked around my age, walk inside the cafe like they didn't have a single care in the world.

To be exact, there were 4 of them. All around the same height, around 6'1" or 6'2". Gorgeous caramel skin that seemed to glow under the lights that hung from the ceiling. The one with hazel eyes stepped up to the counter first. I looked him up and down and to be honest he didn't look that bad.

"See something you like?" He rose an eyebrow that matched his cocky smirk. Behind him I could see his group of friends laugh a little amongst themselves.

"Not at all. What can I get you?" I asked blankly.

"Can you get me that number of yours? Let a homie hit a girl up." He said as his laughs rolled off his tongue. I rolled my eyes and pretty much mugged him at this point.

"So funny. What do you want? Otherwise, get out." I was not afraid to tell a person straight and speak my mind.

"Well damn, I just wanted to have some fun. Can I just get that chocolate cookie right there?" He tapped the glass that displayed the treats.

"Is that all?" I said with a slight sigh as I typed in the price of the cookie into the register.

"Mhm."

"Alright, that's $2.17." I found it kinda funny that these guys came in for just a cookie. I laughed a little bit to myself.

"Here you go, keep the change." He winked at me after I gave him the cookie. I looked down and there was a $100 bill resting in my hand. On the flipside was a little folded white piece of paper. I looked up and he was already gone along with his friends.

I unfolded the piece of paper carefully and saw it was a number. I'm assuming it was his number. Talk about a bold move right?

I shook my head and looked up at the clock. It said 6:00 on the dot and I was so thankful. My shift was over and I was exhausted.

I walked around to the back and took off my apron before clocking out. I loved hearing the sound the machine made when I placed my time card under it.

I grabbed my stuff from my little cubby and walked out the back to my car. I hopped right in and it was freezing inside. I immedietley turned the heat all the way up and continued to drive home.

Let me take the short drive home to explain myself a little bit. I'm Kira and I'm 16, live with both my parents and a younger sister. I'm not tall but not short either, I'm just the right size. I have long brown hair that flows down passed the middle of my back and big dark brown eyes. Not to mention I live out in Houston. I've lived here my entire life and have never set foot in a state other than Texas.

It was summer and I picked up a little part time job at the litte cafe just a few blocks away from my house. It was something that kept me busy but to be honest, it was really boring. On the bright side tonight was my last night for the week

I pulled up to my drive way and saw my parents cars were both gone. I didn't think much of it and walked up the little pathway till I got inside my house.

I set my stuff down on the coffee table that sat in the middle of the living room and jogged upstairs to my room.

I fell onto my bed and took a deep breath. It felt so nice to feel the soft blankets against my cheeks. I giggled when I felt the delicate paws of my cat walk across my back.