Chapter 6

Too Much Too Soon: Chapter 6

~Kira P.O.V.~
~A Few Days Later~

"Don't you ever wonder about Joey and his trap?" Simone asked as she played around with her phone. We were sitting on my bed just relaxing a little bit.

"Yeah of course I wonder, why?"

"Why don't we follow Joey to his trap and see what he got goin on over there? What if he's cheating on you and that's why he doesn't want you there?" Simone and her boyfriend recently broke up becaise he cheated, so now she assumes every guy is cheating on their girlfriend when they go out somewhere they don't want their girlfriends to go.

"I don't think Joey's cheating. He's not like that, your ex was notorious for cheating" I said in defense. She sat up and looked at me with anger

"The fuck was that supposed to mean?"

"Exactly what I said. You already knew he had a history of cheating, yet you still wanted to be with him because you said you knew you would change his ways." I part of me felt like she was jealous because I had a guy like Joey. Sometimes it felt like she wanted Joey.

"Well don't you just know everything. I was just suggesting because I find it odd how he at least won't show you where it is."

"He said he doesn't want me to get hurt so he's keeping me as far as way as-"

"That's what they all say." Her attitutde has been like this since they broke up, I agree it's weird how he doesn't want me there, but I understand why he doesn't. It's like Simone can't wrap her head around the thought of it.

"Will it make you feel better if we follow him and show you he isn't?" She smiled at me and grabbed her keys off the nightstand

"hit him up and ask what he's doing" She said as she adjusted her shirt a little bit. I simply sighed and grabbed my phone.

"I think this is a bad idea-"

"It'll be fun, plus we'll get to know where he hangs out at when he's not home or here" I rolled my eyes and scrolled till I found Joey's name.

*Text Convo*
Me: Hey
Joey: Aye pretty mama, wassup?
Me: Nothing, just wanted to know what you were doing today?
Joey: Finna hang witht he guys at the trap. Y? U wanna hang with me?
Me: Oh! Go hang with your guys. We can hang out later on(:
Joey: aight, u suuuuure?
Me: Positive :*
Joey: aight, I'll see you l8terz :*
*End Of Text Convo*

I showed the convo to SImone and she actually smiled with a smile that didn't look like it was just painted on for the moment.

"Let's go, we'll take my car since it's got tinted windows" I sat up and followed her out of my room out to her car.

"I still think this is a bad idea Simone."

"Why? You do think he's cheating huh?"

"Absolutley not! I know he's not, but that's his trap, I don't know much about traps and gangs but I know it can be dan-"

"Live a little! You got one life, you might as well live it up" She put the key in the ignitinon and began driving over towards Joey's house.

"I want to live but not to the point where it can cut my life short." I said under my tongue

"I heard that, and look there he is. He still hasn't left yet. We'll just park here and wait till he comes out. Then we'll follow him, see where it is, and if all's good, we'll stop by and say Hi to everyone" Sounds simple enough but my gut was telling me no.