Chapter 9

Too Much Too Soon: Chapter 9

~Jackie P.O.V.~

About 20 minutes had passed and I still hadn't gotten a call or not even a simple text telling me she was home. The walk itself only took aboutt 10 minutes maybe 15 if she was walking really slow. I had settled with calling her cell phone just to make sure she was okay.

Straight to voicemail.

Her phone was never off. I was starting to get a little bit flustered, Maybe she called Joey and he came and took her somewhere. But why would her phone be off? Unless maybe it died while she was leaving my house or something?

I just settled with calling Joey and seeing if he was with her.

"Hellooooo?" He said as he answered the phone "Hey Joey, um are you with Kira by chance?" I asked trying to keep my voice as sound as possible "Nope, why? Wasn't she with chu for the night?" "She was but then she said she wanted to go home and she wouldn't let me drive her. It's been like 20 minutes and I don't where she is-" "Aight hold up. I'm comin over to your crib, I can barely hear you. See you in a few" He hung up the phone.

I was waiting nervously outside on my porch for him to show up until finally I saw his head lights pull into my drive way.

I got up from my chair and ran over to his side of the car.

"Aight so what's the problem?" He said after he gave me a hug. He leaned up against his car and gave me that 'alright, spit it out' look.

"I have no idea where Kira is and it's been close to half an hour since she left my house-"

"She could be home chilling."

"She said she would call as soon as she got home and she still hasn't called or even as much as sent a text. I tried calling her phone and she either turned it off or it died. Joey I'm freaking out." I felt my legs shaking and it became harder to keep my balance.

"Aight, did you see anything out of the ordinary after she started walking home?" I looked up at him then back down at my feet trying to race through my endless memories to see if there was anything out of the ordinary that had happened since she left.

"The only thing I could remember was a black mustang that usually didn't drive on this street. I just assumed it was a car turning aroud to get back on the right street." My street was a private drive but it's not uncommon to see a few strange cars drive by trying to get back on the main road.

"Was that all? You didn't see license plate or driver?"

"Tinted windows, and it drove by too fast for me to see the numbers and letters." He looked at me for a minute.

"Have y'all been talkin to Drew?" He rose an eyebrow

"Nope. Not since that day he walked up to us and introduced himself."

"Does he know you two are just friends of mine or more?"

"He knows Kira's your girlfriend and I'm a close friend of yours, why?"

"Fuck." He said as he dropped his head into his hand "He's got her. I just know it, he pulls this shit." He said as he opened his car door and hopped in

"What's going to happen? Is Kira going to be okay?!"

"I don't know what's going to happen but I got to go." He started his car and back out of my drive way. He sped off down the road.

~Joey P.O.V.~

I was speeding down the road like never before. I had so much running through my mind. I knew Drew was going to pull something like this. Whether it was messing with my boys or messing with Kira, I just knew.