Chapter 6 - The Investigation Continues

Emma had gone back to her room and changed into dark jeans and a black tank before heading down into the kitchen. Cristina was making omelets with the rest of the Blackthorns surrounding the table and, to her surprise, Kit. Everyone except Julian.

"Cristina, you're making breakfast?" She couldn't hide the surprise in her voice, Mark was trying to help her by handing her things such as tomatoes and spinach but it was pretty obvious he didn't know what to do with them.

"Well Julian wasn't here so I figured someone had to. We all remember what happened the last time this one tried to use the kitchen," She smirked and nodded towards Mark who chuckled sheepishly, reaching his hand above his head to ruffle his blonde hair, "Do you know where he is?"

"Not sure, maybe he's in his studio?" Emma lied, knowing that he was showering upstairs. She stood next to Cristina and helped her make some of the omelets, working on the one for Dru with cheese and tomatoes. Mark was watching her out of the corner of his eye and she felt a cold chill run up her spine, it was strange now that it wasn't entirely a secret. Sure, Cristina knew her and Julian had slept together thanks to Emma's inability to keep secrets from those she cared about, but to her knowledge it stopped there, "What time is it? Isn't it still pretty early?"

"It's almost quarter past nine, but I guess for you that might be early," Mark grinned and Emma teasingly jabbed her elbow into his ribs.

She returned her attention to Cristina, "Have you heard anything from Diego yet today?"

She shook her head, "No, but I'm sure we will at some point." Just then her phone buzzed in her pocket and her lips pressed into a tight line as she pulled it out to read a text.

"Is that him?" Emma raised her eyebrow.

"Yeah, but it isn't anything about that, I don't think. He wants to talk." Her eyes held a guarded expression of concern when Mark spoke up.

"Well I can come with you, in case something is wrong. I do not want you to have to go alone." Cristina opened her mouth to protest, but he didn't acknowledge it, "You know I could be helpful, especially if it is in regards to the last set of murders. A lot of faerie rituals were involved and that could be the case again."

Silently she nodded, "Alright, we'll head out in about an hour."

Julian came striding into the room with a smile on his face, his hair still damp from the shower, "Hey, I'm sorry I slept in, what did you all want-" He saw Emma and Cristina making food and she didn't think she had ever seen him look more relieved.

"We took care of it! You know you don't have to be the one to take care of everyone every day. We are always here to help." Cristina called over her shoulder to him with a smile, and although she couldn't see it, his expression was filled with more gratitude than words could express.

"Thank you, Cristina." Was all he said as he grabbed the plate Emma had made for him and he joined Dru, Livvy, Tavvy, Ty, Kit, and Mark at the table. Finally Cristina and Emma finished their own omelets and sat down with the rest of them. After they had all finished, Mark and Cristina went off to get ready to meet with Diego while the rest of them stayed and talked amongst themselves.

"Jules, I wanna go to the beach, Dru won't take me." Tavvy crossed his arms pouting and Julian's heart sank in his chest. The last time Dru took Tavvy to the beach was when Malcolm had kidnapped him and tried to sacrifice him to bring back his love from the dead. It was understandable why Dru was scared to go back but as he opened his mouth to say something, Ty cut in.

"I can go with you Dru, if that makes you feel better." Her face lightened up and she smiled, silently thanking her older brother.

Surprising everyone, it was Kit who spoke next, "I'll come too. I- I haven't been to the beach in a long time."