Epilogue

Let me know if you can read this chapter. There seems to be a problem with Wattpad and people can't see the chapters after Chapter 10.

______________________________________

After my death, my mother found my journal stacked under a pile of book. Reading it, she broke into tears. It was a blow to her face. She took it very badly. Like her father, she was unable to see the damage she was causing around her. This not an excuse to her behaviour, of course, but it explains it. 

She needed to see a therapist. The latter found her in such a state that he feared she would try to commit suicide and had her hospitalized in the mental ward. There she was finally able to listen, to accept what she had done, and she found the strenght to repair it as best as she could.

I was able to forgive her. I do not forget, but I forgive. The same goes for Audrey. Jeremy's ideas are a bit more abstract. 

Upon her release, she never hit Jeremy and Audrey again although she still struggled through depression and still was unsatisfied with her life. Five years later, she divorced my father, being one of the first women in my town to ask for divorce. She never remarried, but never became a nun either.

Audrey has wanted to have a family in a long time. She now has a boyfriend. She swears she will never be like our parents. I never believed she could have been anyhow, she has always been too pure for that. I was the one who was too much like mother. She became a nurse.

Jeremy lives with my father. He started painting. My father also never remarried. He is still too shy to be around women. Maybe one day he will.

I still watch over them from time to time, from heaven where I finally am. In peace.

🎉 You've finished reading The Fallen Queen (Winner of the Write Way Award 2013) #Wattys2015 #MyWattysChoice #Featured 🎉