One

Alec

The first day of school always seems to come so quickly. What happened to summer? It feels like just a week ago I got out of school and now I'm right back in. At least this year will be my senior year so it should be great right?

The first day of school is also the first day that I get to see Ashley.
Ok, that definitely makes me sound like a stalker. Whatever.

I nearly broke my alarm clock when it started going off. It wouldn't stop beeping, I get it I gotta get up ugh. I got up and got dressed and whatever, and fixed my hair in its "normal" style.

Ok, wait, lets back this up for a second. I'm considered the "emo kid" at my school. So what, I listen to good music and dress a certain way (and look bomb while doing it). I have my nose and eyebrow pierced, I change my hair color a lot yada yada yada.

Back to my morning.

I left early enough to catch the bus and whatever yeah.

I climbed on the bus and saw the many faces I've known forever. Not saying I like all of them. But as I scanned the faces as I walked to the back of the bus I noticed an unfamiliar face. A girl I've never seen before. Who is she? I noticed that my spot on the bus from last year was taken. Now I have no choice, I kinda have to sit next to her since there are literally zero open seats.
"Hey, mind if I sit here?" I ask her, motioning to the empty seat next to her.
"Go ahead," she replied.
"Thanks," I said back, but she didn't hear me because she had headphones in and was looking out the window like she's being held prisoner or something.

She has lilac hair that suits her very well and her nose is pierced, like mine. I think her ears might be stretched as well, actually I think those are fake. If I do say so myself she is very pretty, she's a very pale girl wearing dark clothes (much like me). Her facial features seem to be just the right size for her face and her eyes are a nice blue.

Later on in the long bus ride she took her headphones out and put them away. Since she did this I decided to have a conversation because now I felt awkward not talking.
"So are you new here?" I asked her.
"Yup," she answered.
"My name's Alec Gordon," I told her.
"Syra Pascoe," she said back.
"That's a cool name," I said.
She laughed, "so I've been told."
I swear, her eyes and smile could light up the night.
I laughed with her.
"It's funny because my parents decided, 10 years into my life, that they wanted to legally change my name, my name used to be Sabra, but then my parents realized that I was named after a brand of hummus and Sabra really wasn't a nice name. So now my name is Syra." Now we were both laughing. "You're serious?" I asked in between my laughing.
"Yes," she said, still laughing.
"That's so funny," I said still chuckling.
"Gimme your phone," she ordered.
"Ok here," I said handing it to her. She typed a bit then handed it back to me. She put her number in my phone and labeled her contact 'Hummus'