Four

Alec

"Thanks Will, see you later," I said as I closed the car door. "This is it."

"There's so much land," Syra said with astonishment.

I never really thought about it before but I guess all the land is kind of cool. It's just weird because I've never really appreciated it since I live here and I'm just used to it.

"My mom should be home," I explained, "her car is probably in the garage."

I had no clue how my mom would react. I didn't really bring friends over period. Let alone this girl I just met and was already considering my friend.

"Mom I'm home!"

"Hi honey, how was your d-" she stopped when she saw Syra. "Alexander, who is this?" She smiled.

Before I got a chance to say anything Syra was shaking my mom's hand and saying, "hi, my name is Syra Pascoe, I just moved here," she said with the biggest smile, not like when we met on the bus.

"Nice to meet you, Syra. Do you mind if I have a quick word with Alexander, alone?"

"No, not at all go ahead," she said with a slight chuckle.

As soon as me and my mom exited the room she said, "she's perfect for you!" Loud enough that I think Syra heard. I could hear her chuckling in the other room.
"Mom, stop, we're just friends, and we just met like today, and, it's not like that," I explained.
"Ok......." she said with a smirk.

I rejoined Syra back in the kitchen but quickly lead her upstairs to my room.

"Sorry, about my mom," I said.

"No don't be sorry," she paused, "she seems great."

I threw my backpack into the floor and crashed face first onto my bed and just laid there for a minute until I rolled over on my back. Syra sat at my desk and after a few minutes she started laughing.

"Alexander??" She said sarcastically and laughed.

"Stop," I threw a pillow at her, "my mom is all weird about using people's full names."

"It's just funny because I would never have thought anybody would call you that," she explained, "you just don't look like an Alexander to me," she chuckled.