Two

Alec

[at school]

Ok so it looks like my first class is upstairs and Syra is in the same one so I can show her where to go I guess. I decided just to stick with her so she didn't get lost.

Then, I saw her, she looked even better than I remembered. Ashley Rodriguez, she was right there, so close. Close enough that I didn't notice how close I was and I accidentally slammed into her and knocked all of her stuff all over the floor.

Great going Alec, they should call you silk cause you're so smooth.

"I'm so sorry," I said in a very worried tone, "are you alright?"
"Yeah I'm fine," she answered as she got off the ground by herself even though I offered her my hand. I started to help her pick up her stuff.
She immediately yelled, "no I got it!" I continued to attempt to gather her stuff while saying, "I can help it's a lot of stuff."
"Don't touch my stuff freak!" She hissed, at this I dropped what was in my hands and walked away.

I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. I could feel anger and sadness raging inside me like a category 5 hurricane.

Syra was standing by waiting to walk very fast away from the scene with me. I waited until the coast was clear to stop walking and lean against a wall and slowly slide down to where I was sitting on the floor. I put my face in my hands and just sat there. I think Syra caught on to the situation, she slumped next to me and laid a hand on my shoulder.
"I know it sucks, it really sucks, but some people aren't always who you think they are. You get this idea, really a fantasy, of the way you think someone is and in your head you love everything about them and would never think that they would be so different than how you imagined them. Sometimes the idea of a person is better than they really are."

As she explained this long statement I thought about the way Ashley has looked at me before, she never looked at me with adoration like I did to her. Now that I thought back, she looked at me like I had a disease or something.

How could I be so blind?