A Lily For My Dearest Chapter 2 Preview

[This is an excerpt from a portion of Chapter 2 of A Lily For My Dearest. I am not sure if anyone is particularly interested in this story, nor if there is really any interest at all, but here is a little yuri portion from the upcoming chapter anyways:] 

Such monotony.... My hands are sore, and I can no longer distinguish the names of which I am reading. Maybe – no, I can't rest just yet.

A weary sigh penetrated the stillness of the stuffy student council room. The silence would be considered eerie to some, yet the council librarian had grown almost too accustomed to its presence. It was nothing far of an old friend now.

Shizuno batted a thread of violet hair from in front of her face and retrieved another form from the imposing stack beside her. Even after working a little well over an hour reviewing each individually, the stack never seemed to deplete. It only seemed to grow with the augmentation of her signature weariness. More so now with the unusual muggy heat of the afternoon.

The academy lacked ventilation entirely. The student council room was no exception. Unlike most of the other buildings on the campus, however, the windows in the elegant room were just for decoration and could not be opened. It had been a strangely hot beginning of spring, though a promising chill was forecasted to ventilate the warmth soon. Shizuno still was doubtful of the forecast, however.

As she reached out to grasp another form, a sharp pain sliced through her finger and she drew it back to examine it. A crimson sliver was silhouetted against the pale ivory. She ignored it and pushed to continue her work.

All these names and faces... They are soon to be lost among the academy's countless records. Just as everyone experiences once they graduate. Not one stands out... Yet in retrospect...

An edge of purple protruding from the center of the stack snagged her eye. She tugged it out between her thumb and wounded forefinger. Ayamine Kaname it read.

Age: 14                                                                                                     Year: Third (Transfer)

Hair: Purple                                                                                                Eye color: Blue

Blood type: O                                                                                                      Weight: 45 kg

She didn't read the entirety of the form. She just let her eyes wander across a brief background on the girl. So her mother was once a student here? And she only has her grandmother now? Not an uncommon occurrence for girls here. She almost looks familiar – something with her face and eyes – but I cannot make a direct connection. Maybe my eyes are just mistaken...

Creak...

Shizuno thought she heard the door creak open and quietly shut, but she administered little attention to it. Whether it had or not was none of her direction attention. She had a task at hand and could afford little distraction.

The words on the form before her suddenly blurred into a mess of inked lines. She could no longer distinguished Kaname's childish face. Instead, it had been replaced by a colorful blur of purple and white hues.

This accursed weariness...

She titled her head down to achieve a better angle of the blurred words. A thick veil of violet hair fell around her face as a result of the action. Before she could collect it in a messy bunch and throw it behind her head, a pair of soft hands slipped around to hold it out of the way for her. Shizuno felt her body tense, yet it was betrayed by a relaxed sigh. She knew those hands well. Almost too well.