{ a/n }

Wow. Everyone. I am truly speechless.

When I started Ruins all those years ago, it had been only a mindless hobby; I wrote as a copin mechanism, slowly building a following as I continued to write, reading every wonderful comment that you guys left. For anyone that's stayed with me since I was still updating Ruins: you are truly wonderful for putting up with me. For anyone relatively new: you are also truly wonderful for putting up with me. Each and every one of you have been such a gift to me; I cherish each comment, each vote, each addition to a reading list. I love all of the messages in my inbox or on my message board. I love all of you with my entire heart for encouraging me to keep writing.

I truly never thought this day would come. I never ever thought I'd finish Ruins, let alone write and finish an entire sequel. This journey with all of you has been one of the best in my life, and I can't thank you enough. This is such a bittersweet moment for me.

Now, I would like to say: no, I will not be making a Tom and Vera Prequel, and I'm very sorry for not doing so. I've gotten many many questions about this, and for awhile, I was toying with the idea. In the end, though, I've decided that their relationship is very much explored and that it would bee very redundant for me to wrap it all up in another book. I'm really really really sorry if this disappoints anyone, just remember that I love you.

Also, while I do not want to get anyone's hopes up, I am toying with the idea to do a third book in Diana's story in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I still haven't decided yet, bUT I went to London to see the play (which was fucking amazing by the way, omg) and I've pre-ordered the screenplay for reference, so I am thinking about it. As I have not fully decided and am quite ambivalent, I'd LOVE for you to comment your opinions of this idea. It would be SUPER helpful :)

Now, that being said, I just want to stress one more time how grateful I am to all of you. You have made me so so so happy.

Whether this is the end of Diana's story or not, just remember: Diana does not have to die. We fought by her side all the way through her journey. We were there with her until the very end.