27: Watching Perfection Devolve

Gerard hummed quietly to himself while changing into the only nice pair of clothes he owned, the joyous mood that always followed him home after being with Frank permeating throughout his body as he buttoned up his shirt quickly.

Gerard still couldn't believe how perfect Frank was, his humanity didn't matter at all to Gerard anymore, and now that Gerard knew they could mate in spite of their different races, he almost preferred Frank that way, although it would be much more convenient if he was a vampire and lived in the coven so Gerard could see him whenever he pleased, but he wasn't going to complain, not when things were going so well.

Gerard was still doing his best to process the events of his evening with Frank, and he couldn't stop marveling over the fact that Frank was his now. Gerard was practically vibrating with joy even though hours had passed since they had made thing official, leaving him to wonder how ecstatic he was going to be when and if Frank agreed to become his mate.

Gerard wasn't sure how they were going to reach that point, but he allowed himself to hope that things would go as smoothly for them as they had for William and Gabe. Frank cared for Gerard, that much was obvious, and Gerard had faith that his feelings and their strong connection would be enough to convince him to stay with him even after he discovered that he wasn't human.

They still had time though, and Gerard was in no hurry. He didn't want to push Frank too hard in fear of scaring him away, and Gerard assumed that he would know when the right moment to reveal his vampiric nature would be, so until then, he was more than content with what they had now.

Gerard reluctantly forced himself out of his thoughts so he could check the clock hanging on the wall to his left, not wanting to be late for Mikey and Ray's ceremony because of his musings. Luckily for him he still had about an hour until it started. Mikey and Ray were already there setting everything up, and Gerard had planned on arriving early so he could get a good seat and also congratulate his brother one last time beforehand. If he left now, he should be able to get some alone time with the couple before the proceedings began.

Gerard was in the process of tying his shoes when a sharp knock rang out through the still air, his precise movements interrupted by the loud noise. Gerard tilted his head to the left curiously, knowing that it couldn't be Mikey or Ray, they would have simply walked in, and he couldn't think of anyone else who would be paying him a visit unless Quinn had discovered something about his condition that was so important that he couldn't wait to tell Gerard about it when he stopped by tomorrow.

But when Gerard made his way into the front room and pulled open the door, it wasn't Quinn standing before him, but Lindsey. She was dressed in an elegant black dress that was much more formal than her usual day to day wear, leading Gerard to assume that she had been on her way to Mikey and Ray's ceremony just like he was, but that didn't explain her presence here.

"Hey Lindsey, did you need something?" Gerard asked when the other vampire remained silent, her lips set into a firm line that had Gerard instantly on edge.

Gerard gasped quietly when Lindsey effortlessly pushed her way past him, kicking the door closed with her high heeled shoe before turning to face Gerard, a threatening aura emanating off of her that had Gerard paralyzed with a sudden bout of fear.

"What's wrong?" Gerard managed to choke out, his brain supplying hundreds of scenarios involving Mikey somehow getting hurt to their welcome in the coven being revoked for one reason or another.

"I saw you earlier," Lindsey finally spoke, her eyes narrowing as she crossed her arms sternly over her chest.

"Y-you what?" Gerard stammered weakly, his lungs seizing in his chest when he recalled exactly where he had been a few hours ago.