Chapter 21

AN: Please place a cushion on the floor when reading this chapter. XD

Hiccup's POV

It was a long flight back to the caves. The unconscious rider was tucked safely in her dragon's claws. During the flight we had managed to identify the dragon as a Stormcutter, a very rare breed who usually lived in an icy climate. As we entered the cave we were approached by Gobber.

"I see yer back. You obviously found something interesting." Gobber says as he was eyeing the Stormcutter.

"You have no idea Gobber. We're going to need some medical herbs, and bandages." I tell him, but Gobber wasn't paying any attention to us. His focus was directed entirely at the unconscious woman who the Stormcutter laid down.

"Odin's beard." Gobber simply said. "It can't be."

"Gobber you know this woman?" I ask as I watch him simply staring open-mouthed.

"Aye Hiccup, and ye should know her too." Gobber says, his accent getting thicker. "She's yer mother."

To say I was shocked would have been an understatement. I was almost catatonic if Astrid hadn't slapped me.

"Hiccup, come on. You need to snap out of it." Astrid said as she now began shaking me out of my daze.

"Wha...." Was all I could say, before Gobber gave her a whiff of a vial from his pouch. The woman who Gobber claimed was my mother woke up, and sat up straight almost hitting Gobber in the head.

"Hey now, easy there Valka." Gobber says, and pats her shoulders.

"Gobber?!" She says with recognition on her face, and then takes in her surroundings. "Where am I?"

"Why you're in yer son's, and his wife's home of course." Gobber says enthusiastically.

"Son! His wife! Hiccup!!!" She says, and looks in our direction, surprise, and fear written over her face. Valka then faints once more.

"Gobber we need to work on your speeches." I comment dryly. "Let's get her to a bed. I don't think she'll be awake any time soon."

As we had put Valka in a room we proceeded towards the kitchen to get something to eat. We were soon joined by the others.

"So anything interesting happen while we were away?" I ask.

"No nothing." Tuffnut says casually.

"Didn't hear anything." Ruffnut comments.

"Eh...." Fishlegs nervously says, and earns a kick from his wife. "Nothing, nothing happened." He squeaks out.

"Can't say I noticed anything." Gobber adds.

Brigid is simply whistling while scratching Tassels's head.

"Okay....." I say slowly, they were acting suspicious, but before I could get it out of them Snotlout spoke up.

"Can I have your attention please. There is something I need to get off my chest." He says with a nervous look. "I've been hiding it for years, and I think it's time I came clean."