The Outsiders:Johnny and Charlottes Story

Charlotte

Someone shook my shoulder waking me up."Charlotte! Wake up its your 10th birthday and you're getting adopted!!!" Mavis yells in my ear. I jolt awake. Two important things happening on one day! My new parents would be here soon. I grab the bag I had packed the night before. Then I head to the living room. the Curtis family was late. I fell asleep in the car. it would be a long drive home.

Johnny

The Curtis's car as driving past the place i was pickniking with my family. then the unthinkable happened. a semi truck crashed into the front of the car and the Curtis's car flew into the near by lake. the next thing i knew, i was swimming towoard the car. a quick check confirmed Ponyboys parents were dead. I was about to swim away when a flash of movement caught my eye. a girl was trying to move a log that had come from the semi off her legs. I quickly moved the log off just as she passed out . i swam to the surface and hi her in the bushes. I would have to come back for her later.

=========================================================================

tell me what you think! Now read,vote ,comment and mention my two books to your friends! my other book is called for the love of books but just search my name.

kk

10 years later

Ponyboy

I woke up from the dream again. This time I could remember one thing. A girl in the crash, a girl hiding in the shadows at my parents funeral.

Charlotte

I was coming into the next city to find who would've been my adoptive family . I was sure they would be here. I decided to look for a place to spend the night because it was getting dark. then I saw a mean looking guy walking toward me. With a knife. he spoke in raspy voice "hey greaser, want a bath or a bloody leg? " I responded with my smartass skills. " want a broken face?" Suddenly 9 more people emerged from the shadows. The raspy voice spoke again. " bathtime after bloody time then. get her Dan." I tried to run but some guy grabbed me. I felt some thing slash and stab my legs over and over. then i heard the words bathtime greaser. they dragged me over to the lake nearby. OH NO !!!!! not again! I had barely escaped drowning only to be drowned 10 years later. I had been under for 2 minutes when I started to feel faint. this is it. All of a sudden i could breath, but I could tell I would pass out soon. I felt strong hands pick me up and carry me. I panicked until I heard moans and groans coming from the shore of the lake. That was when I fainted.I woke up to voices. I was still being carried. I heard a man about 20 say "Was it the soc's? Who did it Johnnycake? " I grumbled" Whats a soc?" then I heard more voices. "she is awake!" "what should we do?" "Pony go get the first aid kit and some handsanitizer and a needle." Then the boy carrying me answered my question." a soc is the rich kids.They throw beerblasts and jump us,the greasers. We are going to fix your legs but it will hurt something awful. Darry never went to college but he does know a thing or two about medical stuff." I whimpered. "Make the pain go awAY! " I screamed the last part. I felt like I couldn't be in more pain if I was on fire. The boy set me down on a towel that was on the bed. Then someone else made me swallow pills. I drifted off into a deep slumber.

Johnny

The girl tossed and turned in her sleep, often crying out for someone named Mavis. I thoght back to when I had rescued a small girl from drowning. then I looked at the girl who lay in Darry Curtis's bed. She looked so much like the girl i saved when I was 12. that was 6 years ago . that girl would be 16 by now,and the girl on the bed was about 16. Could it be??... She mumbled something like"you want a broken nose you got it !!!!" Then she bolted up in bed screaming. After a few minutes she calmed down. When she saw me she asked in a small voice"who areyou?what happened? where am I? " When the gang heard her voice, they all rushed from what they were doing. There was a whole lot of yelling until Soda cot clobbered with the bottle of asprin, thrown by the girl. It was Two-bit who stopped laughing enough to say "The broad has better aim than I do!!!!!!!" That set every one off again. It was PonyBoy who got smart enough to ask the girl her name. "My name is Charlotte. and yours? " man she even had better manners than Two-Bit. "My names PonyBoy but everyone calls me Pony. The guy with the asprin bottle shaped briuse on his forhead is Sodapop but call him Soda, the guy with the blade is Two-Bit, the guy with the who has all the muscells is Darry , the guy still luaghing is Dallas and the guy who rescued you is Johnny Cade." Charlotte apologized for the rise on Sodas head but he said it made him look tough.Then Charlotte looked at me with recognition in her eyes. "Yo-" she was cut off by Soda trying to find his work outfit. he would be late again. Then Darry melled the air before running full speed into the kitchen. 2 minutes later a cry of "CHOCOLATE CAKE GUYS COME AND GET IT!!!!!!" Every one ran to the kitchen before you could say boo. Charlotte looked disapointed for some reason. She turned to me with sad eyes. "I cant walk and I love chocolate cake." I picked her up carefully so I wouldn't hurt her legs. then I sat her down on the counter and got us each a piece before Two-Bit and Pony ate it all. Charlotte ate with manners but I could see that she hadn't eaten in a while. " how come you didnt know what a soc was Charlotte ?" Soda asked.Charlotte swallowed a bunch of iceing before she answered. "I'm not from around here." Darry got resonable. "where are your parents kid?" My name is Charlotte and I'm an orphan, I grew up in Montana. My real parents were killed by bank robbers. " Every one exchanged worried glances. "Then why are you here Charlotte ? If you grew up in Montana? " Charlotte paused before answering."What is your last name Darry?" Darry looked strangely at Charlotte. "Its Curtis, why?" Charlotte looked very happy, but then got sad again. "your parents wanted to adopt me 6 years ago. They were driving home when they got into a car crash. They died during the crash but I survived. The crash forced the car into the lake we were driving by. Someone rescued me. I don't know why he didn't leave me, but he got the log off of my legs and swam up with me. I passed out when we were almost at the surface. then when I woke up, I could only remember the crash, where I came from and 3 boys named something like Barrel, Pony and Soda." That set every one off again. "BARREL!!!! SHE CALLED YOU BARREL DARRY!!!!! YOURE NAMES DARREL BUT SHE HEARD WRONG AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!" Soda was rolling on the floor laughing. Darry ran and gave Charlotte a big hug. "you are my sister now Charlotte!!!" But then he remembered that she was the reason his parents had died. with that he walked to his room and shut the door without finishing the chocolate cake. Darry always finished chocolate cake no matter what. Soda and Pony only looked sad for a minute but they recovered pretty quick. Then Two-Bit walked in with some crutches."you can walk on one leg, can ya?" Charlotte nodded. Then Two-Bit demonstrated. Charlotte's laughing brought Darry from his room. With the looks he gave us you would've thought we had escaped from a mental institution . We couldn't help it . Two-Bit looked so funny because the crutches were short and small like Charlotte and he was 2 heads taller than her. Charlotte finally mastered them.