A gift and a rumble

A/N  Please all of you tell me how you like this book. Thanks

Johnny

10 minutes before noon, Pony and me walked to the park. We were so curious to see what the socs would give to us. When we got to the park, we saw the most weirdest thing. The socs were all on the swings, going so high,they almost flipped over the top! Pony and I exchanged looks. Then we both picked up a small rock, and threw it at the socs, hitting them in the feet. To our suprise, the did a back flip off the swings and walked over to us. It was PonyBoy who spoke first. "Yall do gymnastics or are you secret ninja's?" That got 'em to laugh. "No our sisters made us learn from them. Here is the gift." Randy handed it to me. There was two gifts actually. One was a wheelchair and the other was enough money to pay for physical therapy and the hospital bill! "Gee, thanks dude." I said. He nodded and then they walked off, not before Pony and I called them ballerina's and ran off laughing.

Charlotte

I couldn't feel my back or legs. I heard Dr. Wile say I would be a cripple, if I survived. I think it was worth saving those kids. They will have a better chance at succeeding in life. What could a greaser girl do that would be so important to the world? Nothing. I had been the cause of two deaths, no, make that three, Bob Sheldon. Well technically Johnny had killed Bob, but still, I caused nothing but trouble and bad luck where ever I went. At least I found a family that cared. I drifted off into a deep, deep  sleep.

 Johnny

We always like to look our best before rumbles. Dont ask me why, we just do. When the whole gang was ready, we ran to the lot, where we held all our rumbles. Someone had started a big fire 'cause it was so cold. The cold didnt matter,the fighting would warm us up. We all talked a bit until the socs arrived. We quickly started the fighting. I had chosen the guy who had tried to drown Charlotte. Poor guy, he was beaten to a pulp when I was done with him.He started running off and all the other socs followed. "WE WON!!!! LOOK AT THE DIRTY*******  ***** **** RUN!!!!!!!!!" "Lets go see Charlotte guys, tell her we stomped 'em and won." I said. Then we walked in the direction of the hospital. For some reason the nurses wouldn't let us see her. Two-Bit flipped out his blade. "Let us see her or I wil kill you!! " The nurse nodded. "You can see her because you are her freinds, but she is in a coma. We are 99% sure she will die. Sorry." Two-Bit dropped the knife. When we walked in, I  almost started crying. Charlotte was so pale. "Charlotte can you hear me?" Darry asked. Her heart rate quickened ever so slightly. I gulped. "We won Charlotte. We stomped the socs good. They wont bug us ever again.Oh Charlotte please dont die!Hang on! You have to be all right! You just have to!" I started crying when I said that.Her face scrunched up  bit.  Then she sneezed very loudly and her heart moniter went beeeep for a second, then returned to the ussual beep beep. "J-J-Johhny?" a weak voice said. Two-Bit screamed her name so loud, the nurses came running. Charlotte was sitting up. "Good lord go celebrate somewhere else guys I am trying to sleep!" The nurses checked her over. "Well I have never seen such a fast recovery! She can go home tomorrow!" Every one was screaming and shouting and the docters came in and when they saw us, they just shook their heads and left. Visiting hours had ended 2 hours ago and the nurses made us leave. We all went to the movies to celebrate.

The next day we walked to the hospital. Well, Pony didnt. He rode in the wheel chair we were bringing, Charlotte had to stay in it for 6 months and then crutches for 3 weeks and then she would be all healed! Darry was pushin Pony and they were going very fast, they almost ran over an old lady! Charlotte was giving a nurse one last hug and the nurse put her in the wheelchair and taught her how to use it. We were walking home when we saw the socs taunting some little kids. Without hesitation, Charlotte sped forward and knocked them over like pins. We were laughing about it all the way home.

*******************************************************************************************************************

Soooooooo...... How was it? Tell me in the comments or whatever.

VOTE

SHARE

COMMENT

mention it to other wattpad members!

KKK