Chapter One: Renewed Allies

(The first five chapters can be read on Wattpad; beyond that, please follow the directions below.

For those readers interested in continuing to read 'Light of Elliana' that have Android phones, please proceed to Google App store and download: Kingdom App; you will find the rest of the story there.)

(#For those readers whose phones are not android, please go to Dreame.com to continue reading
the rest of: 'Light of Elliana'. ~ Dave.)

At long last, the day's events had settled down, allowing Changa time to recount and render current the written record of what had happened in this previous week. If he, himself, hadn't participated in those events, he would've never believed they had occurred. Yes, it was true, sometimes life itself was stranger than one's dreams. Some memories of those events, the Wind Walker knew would return to haunt him repeatedly in the future.

Through the open window to Changa's room, the sounds of booted feet echoed; guards were making their rounds during the quiet night. A gentle breeze, which hinted at sweet, spicy, fragrant flowers and the sea, momentarily held him in its cool pleasant embrace.

Ever since their little pocket force had blundered into the midst of the Chand's forces, life had dramatically taken a change for the good. Even so, the Centaur still struggled to put their past perils behind him as he listened for any hint of danger in the night, outside his room.

As Changa sat there upon his padded bench, he studied the newly healed scars upon his left forearm as he ran his right thumb over the pale white lines. The fight to free Donovan from the insidious curse, which had chained a Demon to his brother's life-force, had left reminders inside and out.

Memories ebbed and flowed within his mind as he recalled how he had felt, as Tenasae spoke within his mind and began to guide him in combating his formidable adversary. He would never forget the joy of learning from his master how to use his powers. It had strengthened him and humbled him at the same time.

"Changa, this task you've accepted to save Prince Donovan's life would be too much for your undeveloped powers and skills. The threat of destruction of your mind, body, and soul is genuine,"

"At times, during a Wind Walker's training, it is necessary for the teacher to immerse his mind and spirit within his student's form. Through such melding, I impart knowledge thru instruction and giving sound advice as to strategies to combat you may use to defeat your enemy," Tenasae said within the young Wind Walkers' mind. "Let us begin. Become the Great Bear!"

So, it began. Changa had felt his form and power expand as he appeared in the dark realm, where his enemy feasted on Donovan's diminishing life. He advanced toward the dark entity, determined to end its threat, knowing this fight would be to the death. "The foul beast is a Demon, and his name is Metefnore. Knowing his name gives you certain tactical advantages and makes your attacks mental and physical deadlier. Challenge him!"

"Leave this place! You shall not touch my brother with your foul flesh," Changa roared in anger. Within those words, power expanded, echoing like thunder, which made the stone upon which he stood trembling. He could feel it fill his veins, coursing through his body, as he prepared to do battle.

Thus, the battle unfolded between light and darkness; as two adversaries fought for the prize, Donovan's life. Fear, for his own life, had never entered Changa's mind; rage born out of determination to end this threat to his brother's life consumed the young Wind Walker. Tenasae patiently taught him ways to use his powers, which he never knew existed. As he fought the Demon, his flesh was rent by the beast's teeth and claws, yet he had cast a cloak of regeneration upon himself, which both numbed and healed his injuries. Onward, in the dim light, the Great Bear fought, seeking an avenue of attack, which would devastate his foe. The evil entity had attempted to stifle his mind, casting dark sorcerous spells upon him, trying to suffocate his ability to think, when a powerful blow sent him rolling to the side.