Snippets of an old life

"PERSEUS!" Zeus boomed.

"It is now time for your coming of age ceremony where you will become a—"

"STOP!" Three people called out in demand.

The Olympian council looked half angry at being interrupted and half in surprise anybody would dare to.
There was a big flash of light and the three fates appeared.

"Perseus, son of Poseidon and Lupa, you will not become a god today,"
The Moirai said.

Immediately, all the gods and goddesses started to shout in protest, the loudest of them all being Poseidon and Lupa. Perseus looked devastated but he tried to think of all the positive things that could become of this, but before he could the Moirai continued to talk.

"He will be partially immortal and he and Artemis will be the leaders of a hunting group. . . . "

Perseus didn't listen anymore. He could feel a wave rushing in his ears that started to drown out the Moirai.
Then he fainted in shock, but not before he heard the loud protest of the Goddess of the Hunt.

——------------------------------------------
Thhwwwaaaccckkkk!!

"You are very impressive, Orion," said Artemis.

"Thank you Lady Artemis," Orion said smugly as he put up his bow.

Perseus looked on in disdain and anger for he sensed that this man would only bring nothing but pain.

----------------------------------------------

"Father, Father, who is that Goddess?" Exclaimed Perseus.

Poseidon chuckled, "That girl is no Goddess, not yet any way."

Perseus continued to stare in wonderment and awe.

"That girl is Zeus' daughter, you better be careful if you wish to woo her, for she hates any and all men," Poseidon warned.

Perseus only half heard his Father as he stared at the beautiful creature.

----------------------------------------------

"We now pronounce you husband and wife," The Moirai shouted.

Perseus took the arm of his wife, smiling widely, as they walked down the aisle to the sound of immortals screaming in glee and happiness.

----------------------------------------------
WHIIISH!

Perseus held his hand to his now bruised cheek. He looked at the floor because he couldn't hold the angry eyes of his wife.

Artemis looked at him, breathing heavily from the anger and the blow she had dealt Perseus.

"You would dare think I am not using my head near this man, and that I am now in love with him and not you," Artemis whispered incredulously.

Perseus looked out of their tent and into the sea distantly.

"I think ....., Perseus started slowly, that this man is dangerous to you, the huntresses, and our hunters."

"And that is where you are wrong," Artemis said in resolution. She gave one last look of anger towards him and left their tent, grabbing her bow and arrows as she left.

Perseus sat heavily on his bed, deep in thought. After awhile he looked up in determination. He shifted into his wolf form than began to sniff out his prey.

----------------------------------------------

Perseus was gasping for breath, kneeling on the soft grass as his hunters and huntresses stared in horror. Artemis was no where to be seen because she was called for an emergency council meeting earlier that day.

The hunting group could only stare as they watched for they could not interfere because of the ancient laws.

"Brother, you are weak—"

Orion stopped talking as a knife was thrown at his throat.

"You will NEVER, hurt my family again" Perseus growled.

Perseus stopped breathing then went limp as he succumbed to his wounds.

The two lieutenants caught him before he could fall on the ground.
They tried to help him but they looked at each other in despair as they realized there was nothing they could do for their leader.

Two hours later all gods, goddesses, and mortals heard a loud wail from the wife of Perseus.

----------------------------------------------