An annoying god and mutt

I ran, ran as fast as I could. The van the demigods and Zoë took were about thirty minutes ahead of me.
I had the advantage of the mist and being in my wolf form, but I was smaller then usual so it was harder.
My small form was struggling to catch up to the van.
I was heading into the Lincoln Tunnel when I felt a presence in my head. I recognized that it was Dionysius.
He was a difficult god to deal with but he and I were usually on very very thin friendship level. Before I started to talk I got out of the tunnel and stopped on the sidewalk near a large building.

What are you doing in my head, Dionysius? I am pretty sure I didn't give you permission.

Well Perseus, I was too lazy to flash to you so I entered your mind, and let me tell you it was a very big feet to get into your mind.

I sighed, already tired of this conversation.
You didn't answer my question. What are you doing in MY HEAD!

Dionysius flinched and backed out my my head slightly before coming back in full force.
Testy, aren't we? I growled and he backed off.
Ok fine, I will tell you. You must be careful on this quest. You will slowly go mad from sensing Artemis is danger coupled with you have just gotten your bond back and you two haven't healed, together. The demigods will have to stop you if you go feral. I don't advise you fighting anything.

Ok? I already know this. Don't you remember when I was trying to woo Artemis and she refused me so many times that I went feral and left out hunt for two years killing monsters?

Yes well, it was just a warning from the council. They know how angry you can get when you lose Artemis. Just don't hurt the demigods and I am pretty sure the huntress and your daughter can handle you. Just don't hurt them either. The council has commanded it.

Then he disappeared with a small pop inside of my head. I growled a small sigh then looked up in search of the van.

I knew I had to be careful.
Before Artemis and I had gotten married and when I was a kid, I knew Artemis was the one for me. My mother thought it was a fluke and my father thought I was being silly. But as I got older and Artemis and I were commanded to start the hunt by the fates, I fell even harder.
When we were commanded to start it I was ecstatic, but Artemis hated that she was with a boy for an eternity. I had tried to talk to her when I was younger before we started the hunt, but it never worked out.
She knew of me but didn't know me, what type of person I was.
As she got more comfortable with me I had asked her out, but she had refused.
She had had been cold to me afterwards and I fell into a depressed state.
I couldn't turn into my wolf form anymore and my hunters were all worried about me, afraid I would go feral from the rejection of my mate.
Many wolfs go feral if their mate doesn't want them.
I didn't go feral at first but still tried to woo her. I think she fell in love with me after She rejected me and I didn't notice.
Instead I fell deeper and deeper into my depressed state. I didn't talk to anyone but my hunters and I stopped trying to woo Artemis.
Then one day I tried to turn into my wolf form and I couldn't.
After two months of not turning into my wolf form I was getting shifty and paranoid, I was losing my sanity. I didn't even try to. contact my mother and father anymore.
I didn't realize it then but Artemis became more and more worried about me.
It was during a monster fight that I could finally turn into my wolf form because of self preservation.
The hunters were relieved that I finally did turn but it was short lived.
After I had killed all the monsters I couldn't turn back into my wolf form and went feral. I scratched at my face to prevent myself from hurting the Hunt. I used my last shred of sanity to do that.
Then I left and didn't came back for two years.
I learned later that Artemis had been injured with a deep gash in her side.
During the two years I killed many monsters and made many enemies. Many monsters were afraid of me so they didn't attack me anymore.
Artemis, while she was healing, sent out the whole Hunt to search for me. My pack wished to be reunited with me and help me find myself again.