Chapter 8:The Beginning of the End?

Waking up and I feel like I've been pushed off a 50 foot cliff. I get up and out of bed and a wave of pressure hits me,my vision goes black and my head hit my bed. I hear my alarm go off and then Trent call and text me, I was unable to move let alone see anything. I finally get my vision and feeling in my body. I get up and look over to my phone and see Trent's calls and texts, so I decided to text him back .

*Trent's pov*

Brooklyn: Hey,sorry I missed you,I've got a massive headache but I'll see you in class.

Trent: I don't think you should come to class today if your head is so bad

Brooklyn: Yeah, I guess you're right but can you at least get my homework from my other classes please.I don't wanna be left behind in class work.

Trent: Sure thing just get some rest and I'll come by after school and see how you are doing.

Brooklyn: Ok have fun in Mr.Rinks class,Love you

Trent: Also try to stay off your phone and not watch too much tv cause it will make your head worse.

Brooklyn: I'll turn off the tv in a minute they have a story on Super Boy on the news. They say he saved a girl that fell off a cliff last night.

Trent: Turn that garbage off. No one cares about "Super Boy". And I highly doubt he would save someone who fell off a cliff 😒. He's just some snobby brat who thinks he can do anything.

Brooklyn: Well someone is grouchy today😂

Trent: Well...I.. never mind. Just get some rest and I will see you after school.

I set my phone down in my bag and sit in my desk a little annoyed by the conversation I just had over text. Super boy didn't save her I did.first period math with Mrs.Killman, I started to wonder if she remembered what happened last night? "focus Trent you can worry about what happened later. For right now you need to work in class." I said "Why you talking to yourself man, oh, I didn't know you and Brooklyn broke up last night man. Want me to deal with her?" Henry said with confidence and sympathy in his voice. I turn my head to the left and smirk "we didn't break up Henry." I reassured my good friend "no he told her his secret identity." my other friend Benny said to Henry "have a pie Trent you deserve it" Benny hands me the pie and I reversed it back in to his face and Henry laughs, I lean in and say "that's what you get for mentioning the fact that I have a 'secret Identity', by the way I don't even know why I told you in the first place all those years ago in Gotham."

I can feel all this anger and an untruest among my friends, making me realizes what Brooklyn must be going through with everyone and her parents. Sixth period comes around and is about to start, and I know Mr.Rink is going to kill me and Brooklyn with a bad grade due to the fact we never did our project on our topic Al-Capone. But maybe I could do it on Brooklyn instead,besides she does have a lot of Psych. problems with life and her family. I just hope Mr.Rink doesn't notice because I don't have time to research and write a full report on Mr.Capone.

"All right everybody have one of your partners please bring the folder with your case study in it and put it on my desk in a pile to be graded if you are done. If you are not done today then that's fine cause today is a work day to finish them,They are due at the end of class." Mr. Rink says without any expression in his tone of voice.

I stop whining and life my head up slowly from my desk, breaking my pencil with a pissed off expression plastered on my face. Are you freaking kidding me! I'm only half way through the report and you're giving me a two hour class to work on this?! Maybe I should do the report on you Mr.Rink sense your brain is all over the map of this so called "work day" if that is what this is called. I can feel water run down my hand. I unravel my fist but find blood instead of water from my pencil I broke earlier. I pick out the wood and lead out of my skin and the blood comes out more."now get to work and use your time wisely.I expect to read great reports" Mr.Rink said as he left the class to finish their reports, he sat in his chair reading The Daily Planet I finished the report on Brooklyn as my blood boils inside.

The bell rings as the school day ends, I gather my stuff and put the finished report of Brooklyn on Mr.Rink's desk and leave. I go to Brooklyn's other classes to get her homework so she wasn't behind not realizing my anger was gonna explode in the coming hours....