7 Years Old is When it Started

My mom always thought I was weird. My dad thought I was a little odd too. Not in a bad way. Just in an unusual way.

I liked animals a lot. Especially strays. I'd take in cats and dogs off of the street. But then it started getting... "weird."

Birds would fly up to me, and I'd help them out. Frogs, bunnies, squirrels... Animals that don't usually allow humans to help them.

Although my parents extremely were confused when I was in the yard, feeding a deer.

But it wasn't until we went to the zoo we figured out it was my "talent".

(Flash back to 7 years old) (LOL THE SONG)

It was my first time at the zoo. I wanted to see all of the animals, no matter what. I held the hands of my parents as we walked along the streets. "Hmm..."

"Well, (Y/N), we're going to the monkey's first!" My mother smiled.

"Yeah. Hopefully you don't take one home." My father chuckled.

When we walked by the Gibbons, they were screaming like crazy. I walked over to their cage and stared at them.

"(Y/N), we should leave..." My mom said, covering her ears.

They didn't stop screaming. I just stared at them. Until I cleared my throat.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, as loud as I could. And the Gibbons shut up and just stared at me. They jumped down from their trees and just looked at me.

My parents looked at me like I grew horns. They pushed me away before any staff came over.

It didn't stop with the Gibbons. Tigers. Lions. Bears. Oh my! Even the giraffes, penguins, and meerkats weren't safe.

But it was funny when we went to the elephant rides, and I hugged the elephant and he picked me up with his trunk.

Yeah, I guess I just have a way with animals. Guess I always have.