0.1

0.1
Published: August 14, 2016
Rewritten: -
Setting: ?
Point of View: Dan's
Written in: 3rd person

Daniel James Howell never really lived a healthy lifestyle.

It became such a habit that there wouldn't come a day where he wasn't seen downing Jack Daniel's or a Smirnoff. Everyday, after work in the office, he'd waltz into his cellar and drown himself in the only thing he could confide in - alcohol. Every minute, a new liquid filled his shot glass, turning him into a slurry, incoherent being that just wasn't him.

If you asked the people working for him, he'd always been the kindest person they'd ever encountered - it was just that he loved alcohol to the extent of actually hiding his own personal bottle(s) in his office. It wasn't a good influence, but people didn't mind - he was generally a kind person, and so, he went undisturbed.

His alcoholic demeanor began somewhere in between college, and summer, where he and his friends went out to celebrate his magna cum laude award in a club. Drinking a little bit too much of everything they ever really had, he became addicted.

And desperate.

Soon, he began to crave for more - he'd drink one every two weeks, once a week, twice a week, thrice, so on until drinking had began to be part of his everyday routine. He'd even saved a small part of his salary for just alcohol. Everyday, he'd hear his family's incessant negations. They'd try to hide the alcohol from him, but that only made him wanting more - and so, he grew even more desperate. He bought and hoarded, and even hid a bottle inside his closet for safe keeping.

Now, not realizing his past regrets, he downed another drink in his hand and giggled. Drinking was good.

But too much of everything is bad for you.

As he went on with his unhealthy lifestyle, his doses gradually began to get worse - up to the point where his only working kidney had stopped working. Yep, you heard that right - one kidney refused to function. Put one and one together, what do you get?

A two. Just kidding, he's in the hospital now. Trying to live life, in a bland, tasteless room, doomed to an eternity of hospital food and static TV until he dies - or at least, until he finds a donor. Daniel has a slim chance of finding one, since his brother does not give his consent to donate his own kidney in order for him to live, but he'll take it. He wasn't a very religious person, but now that he's realized his mistake, he started to pray and ask for mercy.

Thank God for volunteers, huh?

Hello!

As opposed to my other book, the longest chapter I'll probably write will be about.. 1000 words? I'm not very keen on doing a lot of words now.

Anyway, have a great day!