0.2

0.2
Published: August 14, 2016
Rewritten: -
Setting: hospital
Point of view: Dan's
Written in: 3rd person

"It's probably just the nurse," he shrugged, saying the phrase to himself quietly before speaking, "Come in!"

In fact, a nurse did come in, with his usual bright smile and ultramarine blue eyes crinkled at the sides. Proceeding, he closed the door and began to study Dan, as he usually did everyday. "How are you feeling? Did you have a nice nap?" He asked, seeming in a jovial mood as he assessed Dan for any sign of a fever.

"I've slept well and taken care of myself, thank you for asking. How's your day so far, Phil?"

"I'm very happy today,"

"So I've noticed."

"Because," he continued, checking Dan some more, tedious as he did so. "You have a visitor over. Call them a visitor, a friend, a companion, a volunteer, acquaintance - "

"Phil. You're rambling."

"It's just because-!" He stopped himself, sighing dreamily and putting his hands on his hips, his blue uniform folding ever so slightly as he did so. "They're beautiful. And they actually do volunteering at this hospital quite regularly! A kind soul, they are."

"Wait, so you're telling me an unknown person's going to come in my room and keep me company for how long?"

"It really depends on them." He shrugged, now crossing his arms with a big grin on his face. "They're so excited to see you! I've just had a conversation with them before entering, actually, and I've already acquired their number!"

"You're late for five minutes."

"Well....they did say it was for when I needed assistance in any situation."

Dan simply sighed at his friend's jolly and optimistic demeanor. "When do I get the grace of meeting them, Phil? Surely, a person such as the one you're talking about will be kind enough to bless the room with their presence today."

"They come in today," he continued, standing there, doing nothing at all but staring dreamily out the room window. "They just had to run and do a few errands - but they said they'd be back in a few minutes."

"Intriguing."

"Oh shut, Daniel." Phil giggled. "It's not often we get visitors this - "

"Beautiful? Pretty? Smart-looking? Cute? Pulchritudinous?"
" - I was going to say often, but anyway, that could work." Phil got to gathering his supplies and put them on his table. "Anyway, I totally forgot what I was here for-!"

"Typical."

"Shh. Anyway, they're here everyday until they decide to stop with you and continue somewhere else. One hour per day." Phil continued to check some stuff off of his clipboard. "What they're going to be doing with you, though, I don't know. I'll be monitoring you both everyday for about five minutes, then I'll leave you two be."

"Monitor, eh?" Dan teased, wiggling his eyebrows, resulting in Phil blushing profusely. "Maybe it's just to see them - "

"Anyway!" Phil cut him off, gathering his supplies and getting ready to leave. "When they come, I'll be introducing you to each other. Sound good?"

"Great," he replied. "Bye, Phil. Catch you later."