0.8

Published: 03 Mar 2017
Rewritten:

They stayed.

          "I...guess," (Y/N) sat down reluctantly. "Okay, I'll stay."

          Dan got brave and pulled their arm, soon pulling a small of their back closer so that they could lay down beside him. They lifted their legs onto the bed and stayed there, breathing in time with the rise and fall of Dan's chest.

          "Thank you," he chirped hoarsely. "Honestly. You didn't have to travel so far just to ask my relatives that. They don't care about me."

          "Don't say that," they shook their head in dismay. "That's not true. Maybe it's just because they don't want to donate their organs."

          "Wow, blunt."

          "I'm just saying."

          "Anyway," Dan cleared his throat, "what made you go long lengths? Like, to the ends of the Earth, just to find a donor for me?"

          "It's my job."

          Dan felt his heart shatter.

          "Oh," he flushed, mainly because he was half expecting them to bust out the 'because-I-have-secret-feelings-for-you-and-I-want-you-to-live' dialogue, but then they actually ended up saying that. A buzzkill, really.

           "Well, whatever your job is, I think you should get going," Dan pushed them off of the bed and faced his back to them. "Thank you for the company, but its time for you to leave. Goodnight."

            "What-? Dan, you literally just asked me to stay--"

            "I take it back," he said. "Leave."

            And they couldn't do anything but follow.

          "Daniel?" (Y/N) knocked thrice before entering his private room. "Your surgeon's here to talk to you about your upcoming surgery."

          "Sure," he replied monotonously, not paying any attention to them or PJ. "Take my mother's liver away from her. I don't care. Especially with my permission."

           "Daniel--"

           "So that's it? From 'Dan', I've gone back to 'Daniel'?" He sat up and narrowed his eyes at the person parallel to him. "I meant nothing to you after all? Nothing?"

            "What are you saying?!" They said, tone raising. "Aren't you glad I helped you find a donor?!"

            "You know what? Go ahead. Let's talk about my surgery." He crossed his arms and compressed his lips, his eyes staring right into PJ's. "Come on, doctor. Let's talk about my surgery."

          "Why are you--you know what, it's not in my place to ask." PJ could only shake his head. "So I'll be handling your surgery. When do you want this to be?"

          "As soon as possible," he replied. "As soon as you can."

          "Give me a specific date."

          As if to mock them, Dan turned to (Y/N), tilted his head and grinned. "Make that tomorrow, doctor."