57

Why aren't we together?

You cross my mind day and night. Tears spill down when I hear your voice. Memories come clashing down when I see your face. You were the best is all I can ever say. You were the one is all I used to say. You were my love is all I always say. Then tell me. Why aren't we together?

Like the river flowing down the stream, we flowed. Together. But the current just seemed to push you further. Taking you away from me. My heart that beats for you, is just a machine now. A machine that keeps me alive. Without you around. Then tell me. Why aren't we together?

Cupid plays his game. But we can't play ours. Why can't we continue this game of being in love? Forever and together. Growing old and living in the memories of you. Plastering a smile on my face and sometimes spilling in tears. Always that is. Then tell me. Why aren't we together?

You left. For a reason. For me. But did you ever think what I desire? I'll always say I love you. When you come back. Waiting for you to look at me the same way you did some time ago. The deep eyes cleansing away all my pain. The eyes that reflects back love. I wanted it to be eternal. Then tell me. Why aren't we ever going to be together?