Chapter 3

Chapter 3

After a few classes, the bell rang signaling lunchtime; I quickly got up from my seat and exited the classroom. I saw Hailey leaning against the wall but she quickly straightened her position, grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the cafeteria.

I was groaning the whole way there because right now, I really just want to plop in my bed and sleep. I tried to pull away from Hailey’s grasp but she held my wrist stronger instead.

“Hungry woman over here,” she said as I tried pulling my hand away for the fourth time.

“Okay, okay. I can walk. Now would you please be a nice woman I know and let me go?” I said with a hint of annoyance in my tone.

She finally let go and we sprinted to the cafeteria. Once we got there, Hailey lined up and took a little bit of everything. Meanwhile, I just took a slice of pizza and a soda, as I was not in the mood for eating.

We paid for our food and made our way to our usual table. Tyler would not be joining us for lunch since he had a lunch detention for sleeping in class the other day. Sigh, stupid Tyler. We munched our food with a comfortable silence in the air. Sometimes we would make a small talk about people and just life, basically.

Sometime during lunch, Kyle walked into the cafeteria with two breath-takingly attractive guys. With them was a girl, clinging into one of the guys’ arms. Everybody’s heads turned towards them and I looked over to Hailey with her mouth agape.

“Who are they?” I asked Hailey.

I never knew these kind of information. Like who is the hottest guy in town or who did Kyle Evans screw last night or who this or who what. But Hailey-on the other hand-knows everything. I literally mean everything. You can ask her about any questions regarding the hot guys-no scratch that, any guy in this school and she will know every single one of them in the back of her head.

 “Don’t you know? The blonde one is Dylan Ericks and the one with a girl in his arms is Asher Withers. And the girl, well surprise, she’s not his girlfriend but his twin sister, Adrianne. Also, they’re Kyle’s hot plus badass best friends. 

They are hot.

 “But isn’t Kyle’s best friends the football jocks?” I asked Hailey innocently.

She let out a loud groan. “They are his friends. School only. But his best friends are Asher and Dylan. They are the ones who know Kyle inside out. Why don’t you know this? It’s like basic knowledge. Not knowing this is like not knowing that God created the world.” She said and I shrugged. 

We had a very, very, very peaceful lunch until Hailey gasped and her eyes bulged.

 “Are you okay Hails?” I asked her but she just shake her head.

 “What? What’s wrong?” I asked her again, slightly worried.

She bent down until her head is close to mine and whispered in my ear, “Kyle Evans is walking this way!”

I gasped but told her, “He probably just want to throw his food away.”

After all, there’s a bin in front of our table. But before Hailey can answer, Kyle slipped on the seat next to Hailey, right in front of me. By now, everybody’s probably already staring at us and I bet Nikki and her minions are ready to chop me to pieces.

 “What are you doing here?” I asked him rather rudely.

 “What? I can’t come sit with a friend?” he asked coolly.

 Friend?

 “First of all, you are not my friend and second of all, what do you need? If you don’t need anything, can you please leave me and my friend alone so we can have a peaceful lunch?”