Chapter 4

Chapter 4

So many unanswered questions popped in my head, Why is he here? Why did he leave us to become a horrible person? Why did he do it?

He stepped inside my room, without my permission, standing right in front of me.

“Hey there sweet cheeks, long time no see.”  He tried to kiss my cheek, but I pulled away. There ain’t no way I’m letting him touch me since that incident again.

“Well that isn’t how you’re supposed to act to your best friend” he smiled, and I gave him a straight face.

Ugh, why is he not getting the message that I don’t want him here “You mean Ex-Best Friend. Besides, what do you think you’re doing knocking on my window in the middle of the night?” I asked him, feeling a bit irritated.

“I just want to check up on you, I miss you.” He said as he walked up to me, trying to hug me. I missed him too, to be honest. He was the best friend someone could ask for.

“RAYMOND, STOP.” I shouted. “I don’t want anything to do with you; I don’t trust you anymore.” I tiptoed away from him.

“No, please give me a second chance C, I know what I did in the past is wrong- heck, I know what I did in the past was inhuman. But I’ve changed; I wasn’t the person you thought I was, and I’ve become myself again.” He looked so brittle, almost crying; I believed him for a second, but then the memories came flooding back to my mind.

“I’ll forgive you someday Ray, but not today.” I said as a tear slipped its way out of my eyes.

He looked down at his feet before looking back up at me, his face pale “Okay.” Okay? I didn’t think he’d let it go so easy, “But I just wanted you to know, that I’m begging you for mercy,” Oh never mind about letting it go so easily part, then.  

He wiped away my tear before chuckling a little of what he just said. What is wrong with this boy, seriously?

I heard him clearing his throat, and when I looked at him, he already had his back turned, facing the window. Before opening my window, he faced me, and looked right at me.

“And if you ever need anything from me, I meant anything, just call me.” He took a piece of paper from his jean pocket, and placed it on my study table. 

I stayed stiff on my spot, and still haven’t got the answers to my questions, but I don’t think now is the perfect time to ask him.

He stood still, facing me. “It’s time for the monkey to climb back down.” He gave me a smile, and I could feel myself giving him a half-hearted smile. He then put one of his feet on a branch before he managed to get hold of the tree, closed my window and climbed back down.

I laid back on my bed, replaying Raymond’s word in my mind. He used to be one of our-Hailey, Tyler, and Mine- best friend. He was sweet, and loyal in every possible way, and we loved him so much. But then horrible things happened, and he changed; just like that, and he wasn’t the Raymond we knew.

After he left, I cried. I cried for Raymond, for Hailey, for our friendship, for everything. Yes, a little part of me is happy that Raymond came back, but the other just troubled me like daggers in my mind.

I couldn’t sleep all night, I tried to, but I still couldn’t. I only got like 3 hours of sleep, and yes of course, I’m gonna be tired for school, but I can’t fall asleep, not after what just happened.

“Sissy Cece, you awake?” Luke’s voice pulled me back to reality. I turned my gaze to him, and saw him leaning against the doorframe.

“Do I look asleep to you?” I smiled sarcastically to him, and he just chuckled.