xvii

I woke up the next morning to see Jesse lying next to me.

Why was I here? Why was he next to me? And why am I naked?

I had no recollection of the night before as I tried my best to remember but only received a headache.

Soon Jesse rolled over and draped his arm cross my body as he quietly woke up with a smile on his face.

"Morning baby girl." His morning voice was deeper then normal.

I smiled at him but could not say any words.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he pulled me closer to him.

"What are we doing Jesse? I can't go back to you. You hurt me."

Jesse licked his lips and exhaled loudly.

"Desiree, I really care about you. I know I didn't show that back then but I do. That's part of the reason why we booked this, to be with Arctic Monkeys on this tour I knew you'd be here with them and I knew I could make it up to you. I really miss you and want to make it up to you."

Jesse was now holding my hand and had a small smile on his lips.

"Jesse I don't kno-"

"Remember when you were in the hospital and I left right after you woke up and Alex told me to leave."

I nod at Jesse as the horrible memory comes back. "It's like you didn't even fight for me."

"I left to go to therapy to help myself, for you."

My eyes went wide as Jesse continued his story.

"I couldn't loose you because I couldn't control myself. So I got help and I'm better. The music really helps now. I quit drinking as well and that helped. I still smoke because it relaxes me. But everything else was given up for you."

I still lie next to Jesse with shock still on my face.

"Say something please."

I exhaled loudly as I tried to put my thoughts together.

"Jesse I really appreciate everything that you did for me. But I don't know. I don't want you to hurt me again."

"But I won't. That's why I went to therapy so when I get upset or mad I do other things besides...what i use to do." Jesse glared away when he said that as if he was embarrassed or ashamed.

"Okay." I say "I'll give you one more chance."

Jesse smiles widely and embraces me in a hug.

"Thank you thank you thank you. I won't let you down." I smile into the hug and quickly kiss Jesse's cheek.

-

Two months later
Things have been great with Jesse. He's gotten mad but hasn't done anything to me. He goes into his room and writes or will go outside for a few hour by himself. Things really were different and I'm glad I believed him when he told me all of those things two months ago. Now the issue is, I have to tell Alex.

"Hey Jesse." I quietly say as I glare at Jesse who is making me a sandwich in the kitchen.

"Yeah baby girl?"

"We need to tell Alex at some point."

Jesse huffed as he brought the sandwhich to me. "I know, he's gonna be so pissed."

I nod my head in response as I take a bite of the sandwich.

"I'll tell him. It's okay I'll tell him tomorrow while you're in the studio."

"You sure you don't want me here?" Jesse gives me a worried glance.

"Yeah it will be fine. He's my best friend." I take another bite of the sandwich then have a drink of my water. "This sandwich is the shit by the way."

Jesse smiles to himself and looks down. "I make the best for the best." Then he winks at me.

Next day

My phone started to ring as I tried to call Alex. After the second ring he picks up, "hey what's up d?"
"Are you free today?" I ask and eagerly wait for an answer.

"Yeah what's up?" He sounded a bit worried.

"I just need to tell you something." I say no more because I here Alex quick tell me he's on his way and hangs up the phone.

Anxiety starts to rage through my body as I know Alex's reaction already. I shake my hands and walk around my apartment waiting for him to show up.

When he finally does he's smiling widely and holding a CD in his hand.

He give me a quick hug then hands me the CD.

"What's this?" I ask as I look at the album.

"Our new album. AM. It will be out in a few months."

I smiled to Alex who had a huge grin on his face.

"That's amazing!"  I say as I look closer at the album.

"Yeah I'm excited. So what did you need to tell me?"

I fiddle with my hands as I try to get the words out.

"Uh, Alex I uh, Jesse and I are back together."

Alex's face drops as he runs his hand over his temple.

"Why? Why would you go back to him?"

"He changed. He went and got help. I trust him."

Alex shook his head. "You can't trust men sometimes. Especially people like him D."

I then balled my hands into fits and got angry.

"Are you saying I can't trust you?"

Alex looked at me in disbelief.

"Of course you can trust me."

"Then Why can't I trust Jesse?"

Jesse started to get angry as well, "you can't trust him because he hurt you once. We'll do it again. I'm your best friend I told you I'd never hurt you and I never have. He said he'd never hurt you and he did. You can't trust him."

I just glared at Alex waiting for him to say anything else.

"I mean look at your dad." Alex stared at me as he watches my face go from pure anger to pure sadness.

"He said he got help, he said he'd stop. But look, he didn't. If anything he got worse. And you know it."

I didn't say anything I let a single tear roll down my cheek. The hot water hung from my chin and I quickly wiped it off my face.

"D I didn't want to go there but you need to know that you can't be with him."

I took in a shaky breath as Alex came over to me and hugged me.

I let another tear roll down my cheek and then I whispered in Alex's ear, "you're right."

------------------------------------------------------
Oh shiiiiiit well guess what. Next chapter is the last chapter (((: I think I'll update tonight. Then I will be on my next story which is a Matty Healy book so check that out. I put the first chapter up a few months ago but it's up ((: love you all have a rad day.