2

[Midori Iko pov]

I've been walking around this place for hours now. Why am I alone?! I walked in every classroom I saw, every hall I passed, and every bathroom there was. "G-Guys?" I cried out, almost tripping over a loose board. "Ha ha very funny! I-I'll admit, you got me!" Despite my cries, they never appeared.
I started to cry, curling up In a ball. At least until I heard a soft voice, "Are you lost?" Huh? I spin around to find a little girl in a torn up red dress. Man. To find such a little girl here. I bent down so I was eye-level with her. "Hi little girl! My name is Iko-Chan. You can call me Midori.
The little girl cocked her head to the side and stared blankly at me. Her eyes looked like a dead fish's. Like if she was under hypnosis. The sweet voice I had heard from her turned into a grumbling low voice, almost like she was possessed. She knocked me down with inhuman strength and shouted, "WHO ARE YOU CALLING LITTLE GIRL?!"
She held up a large pair of sewing scissors high above my head. I was so terrified. My eyes started to burn as if acid were poured on them. "P-Please don't hurt me." I whimpered.
She started to laugh a satanic laugh and got up. "Why of course!" She cackled. "You haven't seen any dead friends! If I want you to truly suffer,  you need to see for yourself."
I shivered at her words. This wasn't a little girl. No, it couldn't be. She was a nightmare, and one I couldn't wake up from.
I walked in the infirmary and laid down on the beds. Weirdly, there wasn't any dust. I started to doze off when, "SHIKA!!!!!!" I sat up so fast, my neck started to hurt.
I didn't care. My friends! I ran to where I heard the sound. There was a huge hole blocking where I wanted to go. "KARMA IM SORRY!!!" If only I hadn't lied about cleaning up at school. I turned around in defeat and saw a fresh body.
It was definitely a girl, from the skirt to the long hair. Most of the golden-brown stringiness was covered in blood, probably because of her injury. It looked as if someone had bashed her head in with a boulder. Blood pooled out and ran down the cracks. I had never seen a body before. Much less a human brain. I wanted to scream. I begged myself to mourn for her.
I couldn't do it. The cry in the back of my throat was covered with fear. T-This girl was alive, recently. She was just killed. Finally, I let out a bloodcurdling scream. "KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" I shut my eyes and fell to my knees. I'm going to die... No one can help me... Mama. Papa. Sue. Will they miss me? I looked down and realized I was in the dead girl's umm... Brain.
"Ah!" I started. I stopped myself from screaming when I saw another girl. "Please listen to what I have to say." She said. The blue-haired girl had the same blank stare as the girl who attacked me.
"You are becoming 'darkened'. As in, you are being tempted by the darkening." She was saying things that didn't make sense. Darkening? What the heck is that? "Do not be scared, do not give up, DO NOT HURT THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE!" When she said the last part, her expression changed to a murderous hate. I could tell she had been hurt by someone who she cared about. Or the other way around. "Why are you telling me this?" I asked. "I mean, not to be rude but... Aren't you dead?" She looked surprised that I said that. A tear ran down her cheek and started to cry. "Oh I'm sorry!" I apologized, "I didn't mean to offend you. You are just... Blue." It was true. Every person who wasn't a corpse had a blue hue to them, almost like a blue light was shone on them.
With that, she disappeared. Feeling worse than I did before, I headed back to the infirmary. The air was somehow... Thicker. The candle that had been burned all the way to the end of the wick was burning, as if someone replaced it.
"Sachi is my pride and joy." Wha? I looked around for the haunted voice, but saw no one else but me. I quickly ran out, just in case. I just needed to calm down. Calm... I thought about my little sister Sue. How she always wore her hair in spiral twin-tails, like her favorite pop idol.
Huh? I felt a thick liquid running down my legs. Oh crap! Is that time? I looked down expecting to see blood. Instead, there was a black runny ooze. "AHHHH" I yelled, wiping it off with the spare napkins I keep in my breast pocket.
I don't know how to explain it but, it looked... Alive. Like it should be moving around. I threw it down one of the dark holes, not caring if I was littering. I wish Kaito was here... I've had a crush on him since elementary.
Just the thought of him boosted my spirits. I started to skip around the empty halls, singing Kaito's name. "Kaito~ I love you~ Kaito~" I skipped to the bathroom, realizing I needed to go. I opened the third stall and a voice cried out. "SEEEIIIIIKKKKKOOOOOOOO!!!!!" I jumped back, startled by the cry. "Seiko?" I whispered to myself.