7

{Aiko's POV}

"S-She's dead.... haha.... She's dead shesdeadshesdeaddeaddeaddeaddeaddead! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SHES DEEEEEAAAAAAAAAD!" I watched Darcy with worry as she laughed. She had shook Shika for hours, begging for her to wake up. To respond to her words. I love you.
I forced myself to grab Darcy's shoulder and tug her away from our late friend's corpse.
"NO LET ME GO! SHIIIIIIKAAAAAAAA!" Darcy thrashed and smacked my face.
I let her go for a second in shock. She's stronger than I thought. "Darcy." I whimpered, holding my cheek. "Please.... Shika wouldn't have wanted you to mourn like this......"
"Shika is dead.... She won't care. It doesn't matter now."
She got up off of her knees and darted away and down the stairs. "Darcy wait!" I called after her as she disappeared from sight.
"Aww how terrible!" A little girl's voice rang in my ears. "She reminds me of a girl I just met! Unfortunate for her too! She couldn't save her little friend either. You could sayyyyy..... She kinda left her hangin!" The girl let out a laugh and she grabbed my hair. I screeched as she yanked me down to her eye level. Her calm face twisted into something evil, something unhuman. "Are you ready to dieeee?!" Her voice turned raspy as she lifted a unusually large pair of sewing scissors above my head.
I yanked away right as she thrust her hand down, the scissors only embedding themselves into my shoulder. I screamed as she twisted it inside my socket, her gleeful smile only growing as I backed up. "No...." I cried. "Nonononono I don't want to die! Please! I have family at home! I-I can't leave them!"
She laughed harder. "You reaaallly think I care?! Heh heh heh.... PATHETIC!" She lunged at me again, tossing me down the stairs. My hand instinctively braced myself and I curled up into a ball. Thankfully I landed on something soft..... and....... squishy....?
I tried not to look.... I truly did. But my eyes betrayed me. I knew I was going to see another corpse.  My hand was covering a girl with blue hair's face. Her top half was not attached to her lower. It was only then I noticed a thin, sharp piano wire I must have dodged coming down. I screamed and backed up against the wall. That was our school uniform.
The girl's face was stained with a pained expression, her blue eyes blurred by tears.

Darcy

Choking back sobs, I slowly crawled over to her lifeless body. Her feet were still twitching against the wooden stairs. In her hurry to run away...... She tripped and fell onto the wire. Darcy...... Why didn't you stay...?

The girl in the red dress smirked from above. She stepped over the wire and lifted a piece of hair covering Darcy's face. "Aw such a pretty girl too!~" she forced Darcy's mouth open and grinned as she stuck the scissors by her tongue. With a crack, she snapped the scissors together and grabbed Darcy's tongue.

By this point, the little girl was too focused on playing with Darcy to care about me. I ran into the closest bathroom and slammed the stall door closed. There was a rope dangling behind me but I didn't care. All of the stalls were like that actually. Because I was sitting on the seat, it actually may look like I was hung.

A little while later, a pair of white shoes walked in front of the stall I was in. She pushed gently against the door and saw that it was locked. She did this with all of them and left. I heard her soft voice outside. She sounded like a little girl.

"T-They're all occupied...."

An older man gave a confused sound and walked in. I sat as still as I could.

The man started laughing and walked back outside. He sounded scary....

A few minutes later, I heard the little girl scream onii-chan and running footsteps. Followed by, "Run rabbit run."

W-What the heck was that?!