5

[Finally in Aiko's pov]

I slowly walked up to the splintered girl and set my hand on her forehead. Darcy sobbed in the corner of the room, rocking back and forth. It was strange. Shika was definitely dead right? It didn't feel like it though.
As if I expected her to get up and smile, like nothing had happened. Like she would say she was sleeping and had spilled cranberry juice on her shirt.
I felt arms wrap around me and hug me from behind. I turned my head to see a familiar blue head crying. "Darcy?" I was confused. She always rolls her eyes and turns her head. She always said "whatever."
She clung to me, shaking. "S-Shika..." She quietly wept. I had never seen her like this before. It was, unsettling. I held her close to me, letting her cry. Then we heard something "D-Darcy... Aiko...." A voice pried from Shika's lips.
Both Darcy and I yanked our heads to Shika. She was thrashing about, her arms swinging wildly. She kept spitting blood out of her mouth and shouted weird things.
I just stared at her until Darcy smacked me in the back of my head and started shouting, "DONT JUST STAND THERE! HELP HER!!!" She was shaking. I quickly ran over to the hole and reached for the dying girl.
I couldn't get her. "I CANT REACH!" I cried. I had never felt so useless. "MOVE!" Darcy yelled. I ran out of the way just before she threw a desk in the hole. Without hesitation, she jumped on it and quickly yanked Shika off. The desk shook and moaned. It didn't look like it could hold two people. "Hurry up!" I pleaded.
Darcy jumped down and briefly handed me Shika. Her injuries looked very bad. There were holes where the spikes had punctured. It was a miracle that she was alive. "I think there is a infirmary across the hall." Darcy stated. How did she know that?
As if she read my mind, she quickly added. "When I woke up, I walked around the school." I looked at her unconvinced about that. I guess I'll let it slide. We walked outside the door when I heard a quiet mumble from behind me. "Hand her to me..." Huh? I looked at Darcy, who had a angry look on her face. She took Shika in her arms and kept walking.
Ever since that earthquake..... Darcy has been acting strange.
I quietly slumped behind her. Shika was still saying weird things. "I want all my friends to be together forever... No you're a banana roll. Yes I would like some soda! *slurp*"
We better be getting there soon. Darcy's shirt is almost completely stained with blood. We were about to turn the corner when, *splaaattt* there was a sickening squishy sound, as if someone threw a splat ball against the floor. We got to the infirmary and saw blood.
It looked as if someone dragged someone across the hall. "Darcy..." I said quietly, "take Shika inside." She nodded and rushed in.
I hesitantly shuffled down the hall, following the red liquid. I never imagined I would see this though.
"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I screamed. On the wall at the end of the hall was... Was... "WHAT DO I CALL THIS?!" I yelled. It looked like someone threw a bucket of blood and guts on the wall.
I heard footsteps running towards me but I didn't look to see. My eyes were glued to the sliding guts. A scream followed shortly after the footsteps stopped.
"A-Aiko?!" Darcy yelled while shaking me. I didn't move, nor did I blink. "AIKO!" She tried again. Eventually she gave up and left me. Once she left though... "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"
I curled up in a ball while sobbing like a baby. "This can't be happening. This can't be happening!" No matter how many times I begged it not to be true, I finally realized. There would be nobody to save me.
I turned around and started heading back to the infirmary. When I got close enough, I saw a grown man with a hammer walk into the room. Shortly after, "SHIKKKKAAAAAA!!!!!"
No. No no no no! I bolted in there to see. I covered my mouth to muffle my screams. This isn't fair. She just came back to us.
The man walked out, leaving Darcy to hold Shika in her arms. It was like something in a nightmare. Her mouth was stuck in a screaming position, her eyes wide.
He had hit her with the hammer. Her brain pooled out, parts of her hair here and there. Darcy sobbed hysterically. "NONONONO! SHIKA NO! I DIDNT GET TO TELL YOU I LOVED YOU!" She screamed.
Her statement hit me hard. That's why. She loves her. I wanted to do something. Comfort her, hug her. I couldn't find the heart. Without another word, I walked out.
I knew I should have stayed. I just.... Needed to give her space. I walked by classroom 2-A and felt a weird feeling. It got hard to breathe. I opened the door, dreading what lay ahead.
There was some desks put together to form a table. It was weird though, a black shadow was on it.
I walked over and touched it. Excruciating pain jolted through my body. My knee felt as if it had been stabbed a million times, my eye throbbing, oooooooh my fingers!
I backed away from the black figure and ran out. There was one name that kept ringing in my head. Kaito.