Chapter 14

**Two Months Later**

"Agent Rogers it was wonderful working with you."

"Likewise. I hope we get to work together again sometime soon." I say to Agent Garder and Damien.

"For sure."

"Rogers you're back." Fury announces his presence as I say bye to the Agents and they walk away.

"Feels good to be back sir."

"That took longer than wanted. A month longer. Just glad you're safe."

"Where's the Avenger and my team?" I ask.

"I didn't tell them that you were coming back today. I think Barton and Romanoff are here. But i haven't seen any of the kids or anyone else yet today. So you're fairly safe for now." He tells me as we walk to my room.

"Well I'm gonna hit the gym."

"See you around then." I walk into my room and change. I look in the mirror and see the woman staring back at me. It doesn't look like me though. Purple and silver hair. Make up. The new me. (Img above)

I walk out of my room and almost run into someone.

"Sorry." I say and then I realize who it is. Natasha.

"Tori?"

"Hey Nat. What's up?" I say with a nervous smile.

"Oh my god what happened to your hair. Steve is gonna kill you."

"Had to do it for the mission. I kinda like it. Anyways I gotta go. See ya." I say and walk towards the gym.

"Where were you? Steve has been worried sick. We all have."

"I told you. I had a mission. It was only supposed to be a month but a lead went cold and things went sideways. Look I haven't been to a gym in two months. I'll talk to you later." I say and go to the gym leaving Nat behind. I throw my hair in a ponytail and start punching.

**One Hour Later**

It feels so good to be back here. I walk to the cafeteria and see the Avengers. All of them. I go to turn around but that fails.

"Agent Rogers!" I hear Hill yell. Dammit Hill.

I turn around and see the Avengers staring at me.

"What do you want Hill?" I say with some venom in my words.

"Fury wants you. Something about the tesseract." She says and I instantly freak out. My dad gets up and starts to walk over towards me.

"Tori?" He says with confusion in his eyes.

"What about the tesseract?" I ask Hill.

"All he said is that he needs to talk to you and it's an emergency."

"Shit." I say and start to run to Fury's office.

"Rogers. Good. He's back."

"How. I killed him?!"

"I don't know, but i think the tesseract may have something to do with it?"

"Fury we cannot tell the Avengers."

"Tell us what?" I hear from behind me.

"Nothing private meeting. Good bye Tony." I say and lock the door.

"Yeah that doesn't work when Barton can pick locks. Now what can't you tell us and what happened to your hair?"

"This is classified you Shield agents Stark." Fury tells him.