+ six

+ six

*a/n: a gif of yeo nari, narda's flat mate (portrayed by seolhyun) ^

*a/n: a gif of yeo nari, narda's flat mate (portrayed by seolhyun) ^.^*

When the boys finished their dinner that afternoon, a few of them got together to watch movies in the lounge room for the rest of the night. They had finally been able to convince Junmyeon--the group's leader--to watch a few with them, but Baekhyun went straight to his room instead. Chanyeol followed behind him, if only to leave his box of rice cakes in his room because there were only six in the small box and he didn't want to share them with anyone. Having them in a room with eleven other boys made him feel compelled to share and he didn't want to. 

He placed them on the nightstand in between the two beds just as Baekhyun laid down on his bed and got his phone out of his pocket. He pretended he wasn't upset and scrolled through the newsfeed in his social media account absently. It was just a means to make himself look like he was busy.

Just before turning to leave the room, Chanyeol asked his room mate, "Aren't you going to come watch the movie with us?" He thought--of all people--that Baekhyun would be the most interested in watching the fiasco that would be Junmyeon forcing himself to endure his way through a horror film.

Baekhyun gave a silent shake of his head.

"Come on." Chanyeol tried to convince him. His voice amused as he mentioned the next part. Baekhyun liked to mimic the other boys, and he was especially good at it too. Chanyeol was more interested to watch his room mate pick a victim to mimic that night, rather than watching an actual movie. "Even Tao and Junmyeon-hyung are going to watch with us, and we've been trying to get our leader hyung to agree for months."

The boy laid on his bed heaved an indifferent sigh, never taking his eyes off his cellphone screen. He was just clicking on random notifications, not even paying any attention to what they were, before closing them in a matter of seconds. It was that mere action that let Chanyeol know that Baekhyun was mad, and what was more was that he was upset at him. He, of course, already knew the reason why.

It dawned on him in an instant, and Chanyeol let out a chuckle. "Are you mad because your girl gave me some rice cakes as a present?" He gestured to the nicely decorated and neatly wrapped box on the night stand. It was unopened, but the top of the box had a transparent film layer which allowed them to see what was inside. In that case, they were six freshly prepared pink colored rice cake treats with red bean filling inside them. The mere thought of having one made Chanyeol's mouth water, but he wanted to refrain from eating them as long as possible to poke fun at Baekhyun who had rejected the gift.

His room mate denied the accusation with a quick shake of his head. "I'm not mad that girl gave you the rice cakes I didn't want. I'm mad because you should have a loyalty towards me, as your best friend, and not talk to her."

Chanyeol reasoned by giving a shrug of his shoulders, "She offered me food. What was I supposed to do?"

"So now that she couldn't get to me, she's trying to get to you?" Baekhyun raised an eyebrow at his friend.