+ thirty nine

+ thirty nine

Narda got her rest and met up with Florencia and Jongdae the next day. Since Narda was not allowed in the SM dorms anymore, she just went next door where they had agreed to meet up. When she left her apartment and knocked on Florencia's door, her friend opened it and Jongdae was already there. Her mother, Mrs. Orizaba, had gone back to Mexico for a few days to help manage her eldest daughter's acting career. Acacia was also nowhere to be found, probably out with Jongin.

"Hey Guti." He smiled and waved a greeting towards her.

Florencia led Narda into the apartment and they went to sit on the living room couch. On the coffee table in front of them were two cups, one with tea and one with coffee. Scattered around them were pamphlets with the words Free Smiles Club writen across them. Florencia offered Narda something to drink, but she shook her head refusing. She had just gotten up and she had a snack right before she left the apartment.

"So Sehunnie told me about Jong's charity work at his church, and I thought he would be the perfect person to help me pitch this idea to SM." Florencia started to explain. Narda only nodded. She remembered reading about Jongdae and his charity work. It had gone unnoticed for years, but when people found out that he was donating thousands of dollars to the catholic church under the name Mateo Kim, he got praised for it. Not that public praise was something he was seeking. "Back home, I have this organization called the Free Smiles club, which is funded by my parents and also donations. Our mission is simple. We work to bring happiness to children, teens, and young people in the hospital. Jong said you would be perfect for this since you work at that primary school, and SM already promised their support for us to start a Korean branch of my organization."

A charity organization.

That was what they were working on together, which had cost them the spreading of rumors being started about them. But neither of them seemed to care because they were doing something good.

"Jong and SM Entertainment are helping with some donations to get us started, and I contacted my parents who will be glad to contribute with a monthly stipend. But I need someone to manage the organization with me." Florencia added with a glint of excitement in her green eyes. Both had their eyes trained on Narda, waiting for her reaction. 

Narda thought about it for a moment, but she made her decision almost instantly. "Of course I'll help, Flor. We should ask the other boys to help out too. I'm sure they'd be willing to do some volunteer work or donate something."

Florencia grinned as she nodded her head. "I'm already working on getting Sehunnie to pledge his help." Raising her index finger, she added, "Oh, and we've already rented a place to have our offices. So now we'll have the free dance classes taught by me, and the Free Smiles club. I'm so excited to start already."

"I'm excited to get started too." Narda said, and she saw a little white dog with fluffy curly fur sauntered into the living room.

It saw the familiar faces of Jongdae and Florencia and wagged its tail, walking over to the couch and climbing onto it. Florencia immediately scolded the dog. "No Vivi. Off the couch right now. You're gonna get your fur all over it." The dog ignored her and refused to budge from the couch. Florencia heaved a frustrated sigh. "This dog is the literal dog version of Sehun. Look at that resting bitch face." 

She picked Vivi up and turned him around for Narda to see. On his face was the very same expression that Sehun always had. Narda and Jongdae laughed at Florencia's comment.

"Its true that pets look like their owners." Jongdae said with a chuckle.

"Why is Vivi even here?" Narda wondered with curiosity.