+ nineteen

+ nineteen

For the bitter part of the next few weeks, Narda was ignored by Baekhyun and they had gone right back to the beginning in which they were nothing more than mere strangers. Each day she went to her job as an English teacher at Seoul Foreign School, and each day she'd run into Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were on their way to get food for dinner. This was on days in which all they had scheduled were either fan signs or performances for television broadcasting. Chanyeol had been oddly generous towards the boys in offering to pick up dinner for them, but it was just his excuse to see Narda. 

Narda got to attend some of the performances on live shows like Music Core and Inkigayo, thanks to Nari who was gifted free tickets as EXO's hair stylist by her bosses at SM Entertainment. The ones she couldn't attend she watched on her television, proud of the success EXO was still accumulating as a group.

Each time Baekhyun spotted Narda, he would rush past her. 

When she tried to stop him for a brief moment, he'd always hurriedly tell her, "Chanyeol is over there, Guti." While gesturing to the boy who was walking up to her with calm steps but a smile he couldn't contain was on his lips. Chanyeol was thankful that Baekhyun was keeping the promise he had made, even though Chanyeol had tricked him into agreeing.

"What's wrong with him?" Narda frowned, asking Chanyeol. Since they were best friends and room mates, she figured he would know. 

Chanyeol replied with a shrug of his shoulders. "I don't know."

But of course, he knew exactly what was wrong with Byun Baekhyun.

By the time the end of March came around, Narda was used to Baekhyun not speaking to her anymore, and even going out of his way to avoid her. But that didn't mean she had given up on their friendship. The more he tried to avoid her, the more she tried to get his attention. She knew that there was something wrong, something that he wasn't telling her. Right before he started ignoring her again, they had gotten along just fine and she didn't understand why he had so drastically changed.

At the beginning of that incoming month, there were several commitments that EXO had as a group. One of them was the recording of vocals for their second mini-album Overdose. XOXO, and Mama had preceded it and both were albums that had done very well in the music charts. Another thing they had planned was the recording of a music video for the single Overdose, which they had been practicing the dance routine for. Then there was a spring carnival hosted by SM Entertainment for charity, in which many of the idols were required to volunteer their time at one of the many booths.

Narda had gotten on the volunteer list--after a series of background checks and interviews with SM recruits--thanks to Nari and her friendship. She was looking forward to going for the volunteer experience, but especially because most of SM's idols would be there, including Baekhyun.

In the mean time, Chanyeol capitalized on Narda being ignored by Baekhyun.

They had become good friends and he had even gotten her phone number, after which they talked every day through text messages. He also followed her on instagram, causing another media frenzy which went ignored by SM Entertainment because it died down within a matter of hours after it was found out that she would be volunteering at the carnival. Many of EXO's fans had taken that as the reason for him following her on social media.

A week before Chanyeol had been scheduled to record his vocals and raps for the new mini album, he visited Narda at Nari's apartment. Nari had been out all afternoon, staying after hours at the SM building as the stylists prepared everything for the new hair styles which the boys would be wearing during the Overdose era.