+ fifteen

+ fifteen

When Narda returned to her apartment that night, she had a box of food for Nari in one hand, and about a million questions on her mind. She opened the door to find Nari in her pajamas on the living room couch, watching her K-dramas. That was her favorite activity to do after work. That, and seeing her secret friend who she wouldn't let Narda see. Now that she knew Nari was EXO's hairstylist, the foreign girl suspected that it had to be one of the EXO boys, though she wasn't sure which yet.

She only hoped that it wouldn't be Baekhyun because she would have to back off for Nari's sake. Narda wasn't the kind of person to take a girl's boyfriend away. Her parents had raised her better.

"Hey Narda." Nari greeted her with a friendly smile.

Narda cut the distance to the couch and plopped down the box of food next to her friend. "I brought you something from the pizza place I went to with friend." She made sure not to mention which friend, since Nari had warned that she wanted nothing to do with EXO, yet she had everything to do with them.

"Thank you." Nari grinned at the sigh of food.

"Hey Nari..." Narda began casually to an unsuspecting Yeo Nari who didn't know her friend was already aware of one of the two big secrets she was hiding from her. "I know you said you didn't want to know about anything I do that is connected with EXO somehow. But that friend I went to dinner with was Park Chanyeol, and he told me something very interesting." Her voice was already hinting what she knew and was about to reveal.

Nari who was rummaging through the contents of the box looked up slowly when her friend's words sunk in. At the same time, the color seemed to drain from her face, leaving her in a pallid, almost ghostly mess. "Ah," She started nervously. "What did he tell you?"

Narda didn't want to beat around the bush any longer. "He told me that he knows you. That you've been EXO's stylist since their debut. You got mad when I hid the fact that I'm in love with Byun Baekhyun, yet you're there hiding the fact that you know EXO. You get to talk to them, to touch their hair. Tell me one thing, Nari." Narda paused, the expression on her face dead serious. When Nari nodded her head, signaling that she would answer her question, Narda continued, "Is Byun's hair soft or is it really soft? I think its probably really soft." She gushed, letting her inner fangirl make an appearance.

Nari rolled her eyes at Narda in slight annoyance. Of all the things she could have asked, she asked about her crush's hair. With a sigh of defeat, Nari explained, "I normally don't tell anyone that I style EXO's hair. For one, I don't have many friends other than the boys and a few co-workers. And two, if I told anyone, I'd never have a moment of peace. Everyone would ask me to help me meet them. I'm not allowed to do that. I signed a contract with SM that I'm not supposed to have any interaction with the boys other than professionally--let alone introduce them to my friends."

Narda thought about Nari's explanation and concluded that she had very compelling reasons to keep that information to herself. Her voice now taking a softer tone, Narda said, "I understand, Nari. And I assure you I won't try to use our friendship to get closer to Baekhyun. I'll find ways to do that on my own."

"But you went out with Chanyeol." Nari pointed out.

"Yeah." Narda nodded, "But that was just as friends and I made that clear to him."

"Just please don't use Chanyeol's friendship to get to Byun oppa." Nari warned, feeling bad for Chanyeol who seemed to have a liking for Narda.

The foreign girl gave a shake of her head. "I promise I won't. I would never do that to someone--to take advantage of the fact that he's my friend. That would be such a bitch thing for me to do. I honestly just want to be his friend. I admire him."