Chapter TRES

A/N: Sorry it took a long time guys! Thank you so much for 360 reads!!! It only had two chapters and it already got that many. You people must really want the robot... But then again, don't we all? Hope you like it, even though it's pretty short(compared to the rest of the story.) I'll be here hyperventilating because of the reads.  (The pic is that Mettaton shirt that I told you about.)

A shrill voice startled you out of your peaceful sleep. You sat up, wearily rubbing your eyes. Who did you know that spoke like that? Certainly not Frisk, or your father.

You opened the door to a roomful of chatting monsters. Oh, right. The barrier broke last night, and now all these monsters are here, in your house.

Slowly, your foggy memory returned. You shut the door behind you and took a glance around. You weren't exactly used to hosting, so you tried to make some sort of appropriate greeting.

"Um, good morning. Everybody sleep well?" You asked.

A general agreement spread across the group of six monsters. You looked around the kitchen and living room and noticed some of the party was missing. "Do you know where Alphys went?" you inquired.

"Alphys went to get Mettaton's charger. She left it in her lab," Undyne replied from the kitchen.

"Okay, thanks," you went to walk away but turned back, "Undyne, why are you in the kitchen?"

"I'm teaching Papyrus how to make pancakes! He needs to know how to cook more than just spaghetti if he's going to be a chef."

"Yes! If I can't be the greatest Royal Guardsman, I have to be the greatest artisan chef instead! Nyeh heh heh!"

"Alright then. As long as you don't go above medium heat," You reminded them. You were about to climb the stairs to retrieve Frisk when Toriel stopped you.

"Er, (Y/N), I was wondering if I could speak to you for a moment," she said.

"Oh,yeah. Of course. What's up?" You took in how hesitantly she had spoken, and her solemn yet hopeful features.

"Well, you are aware of how I cared for Frisk when she first fell underground. I love her as if she was my own child. And I asked her, when we first came to the surface, if she would like to stay with me now."

"And..." you prompted. There was a feeling in the pit of your stomach, similar to a feeling you have when you know that you're about to fall.

"She said that she would like to be with me now" Toriel spoke these words tentatively, as if by saying it she knew that she would hurt you. Your surprise must've shown on your face, and you didn't speak for several moments. Frisk, your darling little sister, didn't want to stay with you. She wanted to go and live with a monster that she just met. You didn't want to believe it- that she loved this goat more than you or her father.

After calming yourself from the initial shock, you remembered that Frisk might not have known she would see you again. Maybe now she wanted to stay. Yes, she had to want to stay now.

Renewed with confidence from this you told Toriel, "Well, I want to ask her myself to make sure. Besides, we don't even know what will happen to monsters, or how they will integrate with humans on the surface. I can't promise you anything until I'm absolutely sure."

"Oh, yes. Naturally. I'll let you go wake her now." Toriel walked away, looking as if she felt she'd been beaten. You felt a momentary twinge of guilt, but it soon passed. Either way, you would let her still see Frisk. After all, Frisk did call her "mom" earlier. You couldn't cut off all communication. That'd be pretty messed up of you.