Chapter SEIS

A/N: How are the quotes for memory? I memorized nearly the whole book lmao

Also I know I mentioned on my profile that I would wait for 100 followers, but I hit that already. The chapter wasn't close to ready at all. So, rn I'm only at 99, but it's close enough. Btw the a/n at the end gets deep and introspective and slightly depressing. Just warning ya.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."

You read these words excitedly, laying on your bed and hiding from the world. You were scared that you would be flocked by the children of the house if you left your spot. Right now, it was Friday night, so you decided to spend the weekend completing a goal you had never found time for. That would be reading Pride and Prejudice. You had never had time to do so in high school for... reasons.

You had read another book by Jane Austen in your Lit class, and from that moment had wanted to read another. So here you were years later, finally reading it. Armed with (F/D), (F/S) and your music, you retreated from the world to enjoy your Friday night.

You sipped your drink as you turned the page, already interested. After that killer first line, it was hard not to be sucked in. You read and read and read and forgot everything you had ever worried about. That was the beauty of books to you. You could get positively and blissfully lost. You owed nothing to the world, to anyone as you read.

The words flew past and went into your mind, telling a story you could never experience. All this happened, as you were simply on your bed biting your thumb.

It almost made you believe you were special.

But that was ruined when the door was swung open and the illusion was harshly destroyed.

"What do you want?" You nearly growled at the intruder.

"Um, (Y/N), I'm hungry. And it's already eight and we haven't had dinner yet," Frisk murmured timidly.

Startled and disbelieving, you took a glance at the clock by your bed. You found that it was indeed eight at night, and you had a child to feed.

"Alright then, Frisk. Today we are going to call on our best friend named 'microwave meal,'" you spoke as you stood from the bed, and nearly fell over.

"Are you okay?!" Frisk asked, sounding very concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine, my legs just fell asleep. That's what happens when you spend six hours reading. Speaking of which, I need a bookmark..."

Frisk grabbed your hand and started pulling you out of the room, "Nope, no time for bookmarks. I need to eat."

You laughed out loud at her and willingly followed the little girl to the kitchen. You perused the assortment of frozen meals in the fridge, and picked one you thought Frisk would like.

"Oh, and (Y/N), I think Ton-Ton is broken," she told you, peeking at the microwave hungrily. 

¨Wait, what?¨

¨Yeah, Ton-Ton. You know, Mettaton.¨

¨No, I mean the part where you said he's broken. Not that I didn't notice the nickname.¨

¨He's been in his room for the past few hours. I haven't seen him all day.¨

¨Well then, I'd better check on him. I do not want Alphys to kill me,¨ you commented as the microwave beeped. 

You handed Frisk the meal and she seated herself at the table. Meanwhile, you busied yourself with making sure your robotic friend was not malfunctioning. The last thing you wanted was his lizard mom coming after for killing her creation. You ascended the stairs to the upper level and walked to his room.