Chapter NUEVE

A/N: Firstly, the video up there has the picture from a few chapters ago. It's one of my favorites. Secondly, I believe we're at about 10.7 K reads now??? I seriously
never even dreamed that FMS would get this big, so thank you! Lastly, in regards to this chapter. Well, my fingers slipped and things got a little,well, interesting. If you'll be uncomfortable with some suggestive stuff, skip ahead. Enjoy, my darling corpses!
__________________

The rest of the afternoon was spent in a fairly enjoyable manner, with disgustingly delicious fast food, random conversation that you couldn't be bothered to remember, and Mettaton’s sly (and quite frankly, adorable) way of randomly touching you every so often. It was something that you knew you shouldn't have appreciated as much as you did. You had to keep your little curtain of 'just friends’ up as long as you could. Things had gone too far in the car. You had let yourself actually believe for a moment that there was a possibility there. But you remembered that you couldn't get your hopes up. People like Mettaton don't like people like you. It didn't work that way.

When Sans left, it was just around two in the afternoon, and you were left with an entire rest of the day to kill. Sure, you could actually be productive, oooor you could lie down on your couch reading Pride and Prejudice until Frisk asked for dinner.

You decided that was the best course of action.

At least, it had been, until Mettaton noticed that you were reading on without him and had a freakout.

“I can't believe that you’ve betrayed me like this, darling,” he pouted.

“Chill, Glitterbot, I'll go back if you want,” you offered, still laying across the couch.  

“Marvelous!” He exclaimed, a bright smile consuming his face. It was infectious, and you smiled too, sitting up to allow him a seat cushion. You cleared your throat slightly, found your place, and-

“Aren't you going to lie back down, darling?”

“Um, no? There isn't really room for me,” you answered.

“Of course there is, beautiful! I'm more than willing to accommodate you.” He smirked, gesturing to his lap. Right. That. Well, it couldn't hurt, right? Friends always do this sort of thing.

But friends don't always get this flustered, your mind put in as you lied back down, your torso across Mettaton’s surprisingly comfortable legs and your shoulders against the armrest.

“Happy now?” You asked sarcastically.

“Very.” He gave you another satisfied little smirk, as you found your place again and picked up reading where you had left off with him last night. The same last night that you had run away from this morning. Funny how you couldn't seem to escape it.

You tried desperately to ignore his one hand stroking through your hair while the other rested lazily on your stomach. You really did make an effort, but it was lost when he noticed your awkward shifting and how your cheeks were just a touch more pink than before.

“Is someone a little flustered?” He teased, looking down at you.

“I, I'm, no I'm not,” you struggled to answer defensively.

“I never asked if you were,” he taunted.

You rolled your eyes, “Can I get back to the sto-oh!”

He giggled at your reaction as he lightly dragged his hand down your stomach, leaving a trail of tingles. His hands were cold, but it was nice.

But, nice platonically. You didn't like him. Definitely not.