Chapter CINCO

A/N: Thank you all so much for 3K reads!!! I'm sure you just wanna read the chapter, so I'll finish up here. Large apology A/N is at the end.

You sat behind your camera, watching the  monitor rather than Mettaton's actual face.  He was such a larger than life person-er monster- but it especially struck you while he was performing. Even though it was for a  small audience, he put his entire heart into it. His smile could make entire crowds swoon under him, and his  voice somehow dropped deeper. You weren't complaining about any of this. It was rather entertaining and enjoyable, getting to see him transform into such an amazing performer. If he wasn't a monster, he'd probably be a star by now. Still, he had only been putting videos out there for a little under three weeks. He had begun only a few days after he came to the surface. You hadn't given up hope yet, and were urging Mettaton to stay determined.

You wondered how much longer he'd go on recording. You felt that if you didn't eat soon, you would  perish. Mettaton, of course, did not seem to be sympathizing with you in the least. He was just going on and on and on about- something. What exactly was he saying anyway? You'd tuned out for so long that you had no idea what this video was about anymore. You took out your phone and checked the time. How much longer could he go on like this, anyways?

"...See you in the next one! Toodles, lovelies!"

"FINALLY!" you sighed, mimicking his usual dramatic style.

"Is it really that bad to watch me? Come on now, beautiful, you know that I'm entertaining," he said, walking nearer to you.

"Mhmm," you once again stopped paying attention as you checked your camcorder and made sure you had gotten the footage. Once you had double checked that you didn't just waste almost an hour recording him, you slapped it closed and looked up.

"Well then, its just about six, and, unlike you, Frisk and I must eat," you told him and stood from your chair.

"Well that's wonderful! I'll whip something up for you!"

"Wait!" you were quick to intervene, "Maybe we should go out tonight for dinner? After all I have barely anything left here, I haven't been able to go to the store."

"That's fine, I'll be able to make do-"

"Really, don't go through the trouble. Please. I'd hate for you to have to cook for us. Besides, its been months since I treated myself."

You didn't actually want to spend the extra money, but you were too lazy to make a meal for yourself tonight, and you definitely did NOT want Mettaton cooking again. He first cooked for you about two weeks back, and it was a complete disaster. After scraping the sequins off of the concoction that he called a "glamburger" you didn't hesitate to take a bite. However, Mettaton must not have known that humans should not ingest certain things. Certain things being a hamburger patty filled with glitter glue.

You thanked your lucky stars that it was nontoxic, but you still became horribly ill. That was the last time that you would let someone without taste buds cook for you, or someone who bedazzles everything he touches. So, that's why you were not very eager to experience another nightmare like that one again.

Reluctantly, Mettaton agreed, so long as he came with you. You wondered why he even worried that you would leave him behind. He was like a puppy sometimes, always going wherever you went. If you were there, you had better believe he would be right there with you. You expected he just liked having a friend around to explain humanity to him.  You didn't really mind him doing it, so long as he didn't try to follow you to work again. Besides, you hardly left your home, so it was rare that he was exposed to the public. In fact, you were fairly certain that this was only the second time that he'd gone out.