Chapter 19

**Authors Note**

IM SO SORRY! I know I took like 4 weeks to upload, and that's inexcusable, and I'm really sorry, but I had problems that I had to deal with, but I hope you guys love this chapter, tell my what you think about it. Also, I've been thinking about entering Loving The Alpha King into the watty awards, what do you think?

COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW, and ENJOY!❤️

Xavier Williams

Xavier is having a nightmare/flashback. He's nine years old:

I heard a door slam

"Xavier, where are you?" I heard a soft voice yell

"In here mommy"

She walked into the living room with a suite case in one hand. She frantically walked over to me and picked me up, I looked at her and saw her red, teary grey eyes.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" I asked her while touching her cheek

"Nothing baby" she said while giving me a forced smile

"Where's dad?" I asked

Mom started to choke up and tears started to stream down her face, she pulled me into a hug. I felt her tears soak through my shirt, I slightly pulled away from her and wiped her tears away with my thumb

"Momma, it's gonna be okay" I reassured her

"I know baby, I know"

She kissed both my cheeks and looked into my eyes

"Listen to me Xavier, somewhere out there, there's always gonna be one person who will love you, accept you for who you are, they are your other half. They complete you, they are always there for you no matter what. They are your soul mate. Every wolf has a soul mate, you'll find them when the time is right, be patient. Always love and cherish your soul mate, they are the best thing that will happen to you." She said giving me a warm smile, she started to fade away and everything around me became dark and eerie. Next thing I knew, the scenery shifted to a beautiful lake. The water was like a mirror, the moon reflected upon. The wind was blowing the water, causing small ripples.

"Xavier" I turned around and saw a beautiful angel standing a few feet away from me

"Layla" I breathed out

She started to walk towards me, but a dark hooded figure stood behind her and grabbed her throat. The dark figure dug his nails into her delicate neck until blood started to trickle down her skin. I started to see red, my wolf and I didn't care who was behind the hood, all we cared about is keeping our mate safe and killing the bastard. I tried to lunge myself at the bastard, but I couldn't move at all, it's like every muscle of my body was frozen solid.

"I'll take Layla away from you, she will me mine" the masked figure said while kissing the side of her face

"NO! She's mine! Don't touch her!"

I tried to move again, but my body wouldn't budge. While I was here struggling, the bastard was kissing my mate and touching parts of her body, no one, I mean NO ONE should be touching her like that except me! I tried moving again, but I got no where. The bastard started to walk backwards with Layla in his arms.

"LAYLA!" I shouted

"GIVE HER BACK" I growled

"NO!"

Layla Cortdale

"Hmm No"

"Give her back"

I woke up to the heavy movement of the bed and soft agonizing groan, I turned around to face Xavier, only to see him thrashing his head to the side and a coat of sheen sweat covering his whole body. I quickly got up and took the comforter off of him and felt his forehead, he felt hot.