Chapter 24

Xavier Williams

"Danny? My beta? He did this to her?!" I asked, outraged.

"Yeah, I-I just don't know what went wrong" cried Samantha, while slumping down into the chair.

Michael quickly went to her side and started to comfort her.

"He attacked Ryan and Layla was trying to stop him" sobbed Kingsley.

I sighed. I tried to keep myself in check and my wolf at bay, but nothing was working. I needed to hold her in my arms and know if she was alright.

Currently, Layla was in surgery. The wound Danny made was deep to cut skin, but not severe to damage her internal organs. For that I was thankful. I started to pace back and forth. I was so confused, hurt, angry and worried.

Why would Danny do this to her?

I don't know how much time past, but it was taking forever. I felt agitated and weak, I was a wreck. I sat down in a seat, running my hands through my hair and taking deep breaths. I was smelling various scents, but a particular one invaded my nose. Danny's.

My head shot up, I saw him at the end of the hallway. My wolf started to growl, wanting avenge for what he did to our mate. I was thirsty, for blood, his blood.

I got up and ran to him, inhumanly quick. I grabbed his throat and pinned him against the wall. I felt my canines and fingernails elongating and my eyes shifting from blue to obsidian black. My wolf wanted out, but I quickly pushed him away.

"How dare you show your face here after what you did to my mate" I snarled.

"X-Xavier, I meant no harm. I wanted to talk to you alone, I-"

I didn't let him finish his sentence. The next thing I knew, my fist connected with his jaw. Then I hit him with another blow to his nose, after another, and another, until I felt hands wrap around me and pull me off of him. I started to breathe heavily, still feeling the rage boil inside me, not satisfied with my actions.

I looked at him. Blood started to trickle down his nose and mouth, his eyes were swollen and black. Bruises filled the side of his face. I was partly satisfied, but not fully. I started to grin internally. The bastard got what he deserves.

I saw some people trying to help him up. I was to busy staring at him, that I didn't hear subtle footsteps behind me.

"Uh, King Williams?" I heard Doctor Humphrey call out.

Doctor Humphrey was a trusted doctor for my kingdom, one of the best. She comes from a family of great doctors that my family had entrusted for many generations. I turned around while shrugging off the people holding me back.

"Yes" I eagerly said, wanting to know any news on Layla.

"Well, the Luna is fine, surgery went great."

"That's great!" Michel sighed

"Yes, her body accepted the blood. Everything looks well."

"Blood? What blood?" I asked.

"Uh" she started to say looking between me and Danny.

"What blood?!" I shouted.

"The Luna lost an immense amount of blood and needed a blood transfusion"

"And you didn't tell me!"

"I-I, she has O negative as a blood type. There's not a lot of donors out there." She hesitantly said.

"Then who did you find?"

"Beta Danny-"

"Danny? Danny?! You chose the person who hurt my mate!"