Chapter 25

Layla Cortdale

"And this is you on your 10th birthday. Oh look at that smile!"

I gave her a strained smile. It's been only few days since I got amnesia and it sucks.

"Who's that kid over there?" I asked, pointing to a boy right next to me in the picture. He was covered in cake and confetti.

"Oh, that's Kingsley. He's one of your best friends, besides Nicole" she laughed.

We were flipping through the album, when I heard subtle footsteps coming towards me. I look up and catch Xavier staring at me.

"Samantha, is it okay if I take Layla somewhere?" He asked.

"Sure, but don't take too long. Michel told me a while ago we're having some guests over for dinner."

He nodded his head and held out his hand out for me to take it. I happily accepted and stood up. Just a few days ago, he was furious and threatened anyone who didn't know what happened to me. I started looking back on what happened that day.

Flashback

"Look into the light, Layla" the doctor instructed.

I did as I was told. I saw a flash of bright light going from one of my eye to the other. I started to squint. The flashlight shone so brightly that I couldn't open my eyes to see. After she put it away, I started to see black specks in midair. I rubbed my eyes trying to adjust them to my surrounding.

"Everything looks fine. Her blood pressure looks normal and her wolf is healing her body on her own."

"Then why the FUCK can't she remember who I am?" Shouted the extremely handsome blue eyed man.

"I-I'm not sure. Everything r-ran smoothly during the s-surgery, alpha." The doctor stuttered looking at the ground.

"Find out what happened, if you don't, I will make sure you never get hired anywhere ever again" he threatened.

"Y-yes sir"

She bowed and scurried out the room. I felt the side of my bed dip, I turned my head only to see blue eyes gazing deeply at me.

"Don't you think you were being a little too harsh on her? Go apologize." I told him, shooting him a disapproving look.

"Even when you don't remember me, you're telling me what to do." He smirked.

I stared at him intently, trying to remember who he and everyone else in the room is, but every time I did, it came up blank. After a while of staring, the doctor came back in.

"I checked through her files, I don't see anything wrong, but I'm assuming she has amnesia from an impact to the head"

"Amnesia?" They all simultaneously said.

"Yes, it's most likely short term."

I saw the relief that crossed everyone's face.

"You may leave" the mystery man said to the doctor, not bothering to thank her.

He turned to look at me and I gave him a stern look.

"Ah.. Thank you, doctor Humphrey" he hesitantly said.

"No problem, King Xavier" She said bowing.

I turned to him and smiled.

"See that wasn't so hard."

He rolled his eyes, but there was a hint of amusement in them.