Chapter 3

3 Days later =P

As I walk towards the cafeteria a paper flings in my face. The shouting of two young men gave me a clue that it was Kian and J.C.

"Look,Look" Kian said in excitement.

I snatch the paper from his hand and look at the paper. The big red A+ made me really happy for him.

"You did it" I said hugging Kian.

"The credit all goes to you" he said spinning me around.

"After school ice cream on the boardwalk" J.C said doing his victory dance.

I laugh at his stupidity as he dances. Kian joins him that causes me to laugh harder.

"Ice cream" I said out of breath.

Olivia and Grace come running up to us with worried faces.

"What's wrong?" Kian asked.

"It's Grandad" Grace said.

I see Kian face turn to happy to worried. I look over at him and rest my hand on his shoulder.

****
He gets out of the car before J.C even stops it. I get out and run over to him.

"Kian" I said snapping him from his concentration.

"He's sick" Kian said.

"For how long?" I ask.

"Nine years" he said stopping at the hospital doors.

"What?" I ask standing beside him.

"Nothing just waiting for Olivia,Grace and J.C" he said.

They all walk up to us and they all looked scared. I don't even know him and I feel worried. All five of us rush in and walk towards the front desk.

"Hi I'm here to see Noah Lawley" Kian said tapping his finger on the desk.

"Kian Lawley?" the nurse asked clicking her mouse a couple times.

"Yes" Kian said.

"Right this way" she said getting out from her chair and walking towards the door.

Kian reaches his hand out,I grab his hand and look back at Olivia and Grace. We both walk into the hallway. We walk over to the room.

"Grandad?" Kian asked knocking on the wall to snap him out of his sleep.

"Kian! How are you?" Noah asked.

"I'm doing good. How about you?" Kian asked.

"I'm doing splendid" Noah said smiling.

"And who is this beautiful young lady?" Noah asked.

"Maddison this is my grandad" Kian said with a little smile.

"Madison a very pretty name" Noah said.

"Thank you" I said smiling.

"Where's you mother Kian I want to speak to her" Noah said smiling.

"Grandad mom past away two year's ago don't you remember she had cancer" Kian said.

"Oh yeah I forgot stupid mind" Noah said smiling weakly.

"Grandad what's her name?" Kian asked.

"Her name was Jessie right?" Noah asked.

"No it's not" Kian said walking out of the room.

Noah jumps as he hears the door slam shut. I walk out after him and see Kian sitting against the wall with tear stains on his face. He wipes the tears away and stands up.