Chapter 4

Later that night ^~^

I look in the mirror and smile at the dress I picked. It was dark purple with straps so I added my leather jacket that matched it really nicely. I had on black tights and short brown boots. I had my hair on one side.

*BEEP

I look over and see my phone going nuts. I pick it up and see my dad's miss messages. I sigh and shove it in my jacket pocket and walk out of my room.

"You ready?" J.C asked standing against the door.

"Ready as I'll ever be" I said taking a deep breath.

"Let's get going then" he said opening the door and walking outside.

"Such a nice step brother" I said grabbing my house keys.

"Kian said that he doesn't feel that well so he's staying home" J.C said.

"He's really ditching us even since he tried kissing me" I mutter to myself looking at my phone.

I pull up his number and text him slowly.

*Really Kian? :Maddie

*I just not up for a party tonight :Kian

*Whatever I'll see you in school :Maddie

I toss my phone in my lap and rest my head in my hand while looking at the moon.

****

We picked up Olivia and Grace at there house. I stayed in the car while J.C went to get the twins.

Kian's P.O.V

I relaxed on the couch watching DeadPool.

"Kian are you sure your not going to the party?" Grace asked putting her earnings in.

"I might have Brodie drop me off if I'm bored or something" I reply concentrating on the television.

"Why don't you just confess your feelings to Maddie and just man up and kiss her?" Grace asked blocking the television.

"I tried kissing her but J.C ruined the moment" I reply.

"Can you please come?" the twins begged.

"No I made an oath to stay away from her so I don't fall for her" I said standing up from the couch.

"Whatever's dad left pizza money on the counter we'll be home by 11:00" Grace said.

J.C knocks repeatedly until Olivia answered it. As the door opens I catch a glimpse of Madison sitting in the car looking back at me.

"Bye Kian" the twins said walking out of the house.

Madison P.O.V

I see the twins and J.C walk back to the car laughing and talking.

"Hey girl" Olivia said getting in the backseat.

"Hey" I said with a fake smile.

I look back at my phone and see my dad trying to call me again. I flip in over and see Kian rushing to the car.

"I thought you didn't want to come" Olivia said laughing.

"I changed my mind" Kian said sitting in the backseat.

I scoff and look back out the window.

****
We could hear the music a block away from the junkyard.

"Ben went all out this year" Kian said surprised.

J.C parked the car and opened his door and walked out of the car to hug someone. I got out after him and walk towards the junkyard pulling one of my mom's little shot bottles of whisky and drank it down as it burned threw my neck it made me feel warm.